Swagbucking into 2019... Nearly ;)

Comments

• MollyR
    MollyR Posts: 2,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    (strangely the search win doubles initially were showing in German in my swagups, nCrave was playing Spanish videos and a part way through a tickbox survey it switched to one clearly for USA residents).

Possibly a protest against Brexit?
  • MollyR
    soolin wrote: »
    Just for reference this is the post from MSE about codes, all future codes will be moved to the codes thread as requested by MSE.

Unfortunately, that is likely to lead to duplication of posts in the Codes thread, which means that those of us (and there are a lot) who subscribe to instant notifications on that thread will be bombarded with unnecessary alerts. Already there are two posts for the one code in the new thread.
  • MollyR
    "Redeemed a swag code from the swag button" tile on SWAGO did not work for me.

Ironic with all the hoo-haw here about codes the past few days.

Somebody is presumably being a bit over-enthusiastic and reacting to the word "code" regardless of the context - rachelja's reply to the above post has been moved to the Codes thread, where it is of course totally inappropriate!
  • minimadtrix
    minimadtrix Posts: 1,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    MollyR wrote: »
    Unfortunately, that is likely to lead to duplication of posts in the Codes thread, which means that those of us (and there are a lot) who subscribe to instant notifications on that thread will be bombarded with unnecessary alerts. Already there are two posts for the one code in the new thread.

And make those of us that have posted codes in this forum look idiots as my code post stated I didn't know if the codes one had been set up yet, but has now been posted in the Codes forum :)

Personally, I don't have the time or inclination to continue subscribing to MSE - the whole situation seems to have been blown out of proportion - at the end of the day, it was one duplication on 2 forums per day (which were time limited anyway). I would like to thank everyone that has provided information on the previous forums, but I'm out of here. :grouphug:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    MollyR wrote: »
    Somebody is presumably being a bit over-enthusiastic and reacting to the word "code" regardless of the context - rachelja's reply to the above post has been moved to the Codes thread, where it is of course totally inappropriate!

Wow this is confusing...I was sure I hadn't posted in the code thread and yet there it was....thanks for clearing that one up for me.

I'll probably just subscribe to this thread and unsubsribe from the code thread again...
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 2,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Thank you for all your posts minimadtrix.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I don't blame you one little bit, minimadtrix. This isn't the first example of high handedness I've seen, but its probably the most gratuitous. A sad day.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Personally, I don't have the time or inclination to continue subscribing to MSE - the whole situation seems to have been blown out of proportion - at the end of the day, it was one duplication on 2 forums per day (which were time limited anyway). I would like to thank everyone that has provided information on the previous forums, but I'm out of here. :grouphug:
    You know what, I was writing a PM to one of the BGs, still trying really hard to be polite and constructive, and I just deleted it. MSE is still useful to me in all sorts of ways, so I'm staying, but it's not my online home anymore, which I'm quite sad about.

It isn't about the duplication, I don't really care about that. I care about attitudes.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat wrote: »
    You know what, I was writing a PM to one of the BGs, still trying really hard to be polite and constructive, and I just deleted it. MSE is still useful to me in all sorts of ways, so I'm staying, but it's not my online home anymore, which I'm quite sad about.

It isn't about the duplication, I don't really care about that. I care about attitudes.

Me too Karmacat. I'm relatively new to the Swagbucks thread and was shocked at the attitude of the BG's. A BG has caused great upset on a thread which was working perfectly well by his 'high-handedness' (your words but they fit precisely). Complaints have been made and the BG's response is to close that thread and tell 'someone' to open a new thread. It brings ill feeling to an otherwise happy community and I'm pretty sure that Martin himself would not agree with their approach to this matter. I feel very sad about this :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure