Toto Energy reviews: add your feedback

Comments

• grai
    grai Posts: 268 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've just started with Toto this week after the energy club recommended I switch

wish I'd read this first

in my experience smaller companies mean well but never deliver and are just not worth the trouble

will keep you all updated xx
  • Grai :

If you are still in the "cooling off" period after initiating your Switch, I suggest that you cancel the Switch immediately and move to another energy company. If you are outside the 'cooling off' period, then you will have to work out if it is better to stay with ToTo or to leave and take the hit on the exit fees.

I find it hard to believe that ToTo have given you an economical rate per KWH for either gas or electricity, since there are a large number of energy companies that will offer better prices than TOTO after their recent price hikes. For instance, TOTO increased my energy prices by over THIRTY PERCENT in December -- which is why I switched away from them. I am now with another energy company that has a FIXED price for a year, which is the same as the previously low price I was paying to TOTO before December. My own experience is that TOTO have the worst possible customer 'service' --- they don't answer emails even after multiple reminders and they don't answer the phone. Their website is absolutely useless; it consistently refuses to accept GAS Meter readings. They also put disgraceful pressure on you to fit a smart meter by telling you it is compulsory (IT ISN'T) and harassing you with repeated phone calls, even after you have made it clear that you don't want a smart meter. I only got them to stop harassing me by telling them that if I had one more phone call from them about smart meters, I would report them to OFGEM and the Energy Ombudsman. TOTO are a complete shower and an utter disgrace to the energy industry, having caused misery and undue stress to a significant number of their customers. They are the most unprofessional and incompetent people I have ever come across in the entire energy industry.
  • Switched onto TOTO’s 100% renewable saver tariff on 28th September as it was the cheapest for leccy and gas.

I have received several MSE CEC emails warning me the tariff is increasing in price but nothing from TOTO themselves.

I did a live chat with a rep from TOTO last week and they said that there was no price increase for me.

Bit confused by it all but will check the next bill closely.
  • You’ve never dealt with Extra energy then - far worse as they’ve just blatantly lie to you repeatedly....
  • zwanzig20 wrote: »
    You’ve never dealt with Extra energy then - far worse as they’ve just blatantly lie to you repeatedly....

Zwanzig : You are absolutely right -- I have never dealt with Extra Energy. However, Extra are not far worse than TOTO (they sound exactly the same) as I have been repeatedly and blatantly lied to by TOTO. Sounds as though they are two peas from the same pod. Thanks for the tip, though; I shall avoid both companies in the future.
  • grai
    what I dont understand about all this is why am I in the "expert's" energy club getting told to go to ToTo and telling me how easy it all was when no-one on the same website has a good word for them??
  • Switched from TOTO on the 28/12/17, only been with them for 2 months, due to their price increases.
    Now with E.ON, but TOTO are still taking money from my account by direct debit, do i cancel my direct debit with them?
    Sent two emails and phoned their customer services , but i know this will not be sorted.Do i need to take this further, advice please.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Budgie3 wrote: »
    Switched from TOTO on the 28/12/17, only been with them for 2 months, due to their price increases.
    Now with E.ON, but TOTO are still taking money from my account by direct debit, do i cancel my direct debit with them?
    Sent two emails and phoned their customer services , but i know this will not be sorted.Do i need to take this further, advice please.

We live in an age where we all want things to happen immediately. This is not the way that the UK domestic energy sector works. You will have provided your new supplier with meter readings. These are then passed to an independent industry third-party for verification before being passed back to the two suppliers to open and close your accounts. This process can take 10 working days and we have just had Christmas and the New Year.

Under EU Law and the terms of its Supply Licence, the losing supplier has 6 weeks from the date of transfer to raise a Final Bill. Any credit balance will then be re-paid. This will include any over payments. The fallback position is the DD Guarantee.

PS If you decide to cancel your DD Mandate then action this via your Bank and not the supplier. The danger of doing this is that the supplier may have no way of re-paying your credit balance.
  • Never in all my life have I dealt with such an incompetent customer service department. Took 5 months and constant chasing to get a bill. They then sent an email saying that the contract wording was an error so I decided to move as they were going to charge more and double the direct debit for the winter period. They then took a Direct debit payment (double normal) after I’d moved and changed the 7-10 days refund period to 14 days when it failed to materialise. I had been told by two different people it was 7-10 days and then they change it! Told me I could complain knowing full well complaints can take 5+ working days for a response. Emails take days to get a reply if at all. You can wait 45 mins in a queue and then be told something will be done but it isn’t. Please don’t waste your time.
  • grai
    I have a prepayment meter
    do I have to pay money to ToTo to switch from them?
    I've been with them 2 weeks and read this thread too late so I want to get rid of them (the name"ToTo" should have been a clue)

also should I ditch the energy club on MSE as that was what got me into this mess? I assumed they knew all the companies they were recommending, obviously not
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure