Virgin media complaint advice please

Hi all, when moving into our last house we took our virgin package with us. Virgin came round installed the cabel last month all good so far.

Now I've been a customer for a few years and my latest contract comes to an end on 18 October 2019 (I have a signed copy of this).

When looking into it further virgin seem to have restarted my contract from the date the services were installed at the new property for a further 12 months. However not at any point was I told I would be under a new contract! Not only that but the price I was paying in my old house was increased for the same services in the new home, again without notice or communication.

When I called them to duscuss this virgin couldn't give me a date when I had agreed the contract whereas usually they send it out for e signature and I would sign and return.

I'm now waiting for a call back from a manager however I've been waiting a week so don't think it's coming!

The reson I'm put out by this is that after oir contract ended we were going to move to a broadband only deal as we never use the phone and rarely watch live tv! Not VM are saying if I want to leave I will be breaching the 'contract' and have to pay the £240 exit fee!

Has anyone else experienced this or anything similar and what was the outcome?

Cheers David

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 October 2019 at 10:07AM
    Move home .
    Choice either pay off existing contract or take service with you and enter in to a new contract .

See multiple identical posts .
  • Davidp267 wrote: »
    Hi all, when moving into our last house we took our virgin package with us. Virgin came round installed the cabel last month all good so far.

Now I've been a customer for a few years and my latest contract comes to an end on 18 October 2019 (I have a signed copy of this).

When looking into it further virgin seem to have restarted my contract from the date the services were installed at the new property for a further 12 months. However not at any point was I told I would be under a new contract! Not only that but the price I was paying in my old house was increased for the same services in the new home, again without notice or communication.

When I called them to duscuss this virgin couldn't give me a date when I had agreed the contract whereas usually they send it out for e signature and I would sign and return.

I'm now waiting for a call back from a manager however I've been waiting a week so don't think it's coming!

The reson I'm put out by this is that after oir contract ended we were going to move to a broadband only deal as we never use the phone and rarely watch live tv! Not VM are saying if I want to leave I will be breaching the 'contract' and have to pay the £240 exit fee!

Has anyone else experienced this or anything similar and what was the outcome?

Cheers David

I think VM always start a new contract when house moving.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/bills-and-utilities/broadband/virgin-media-make-customer-services-listen-complaint/
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    As already stated it’s the price paid for not seeing out the term at your old address, if ( for arguments sake ) you moved to an address that VM didn’t cover, presumably you would have had to pay something for the remaining months of the contract, by using VM you benefitted by not having to do pay this when you moved , but at the cost of a new minimum term...it’s pretty standard practice
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure