Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Natty68
    • By Natty68 10th Feb 19, 7:35 PM
    • 2,586Posts
    • 36,803Thanks
    Natty68
    Weekly Flylady Thread 11th February 2019
    • 10th Feb 19, 7:35 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 11th February 2019 10th Feb 19 at 7:35 PM
    What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

Thank you to Valli for last week's thread

THESE LISTS ARE ONLY SUGGESTIONS AND NOT A MUST DO LIST, YOU ARE ALWAYS WELCOME TO POST AND FOLLOW YOUR OWN.

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please donít stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspotsare areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    WUDUPA ~ Washed up, dried up, put away
    WUALTD ~ Washed up and left to dry
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ Nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ Person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ Miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!
    MAD half hour - Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Some of our abbreviations: DH- dear husband, OH- other half, KH/CF- affectionate term for ex husband or partner DS/DD- dear son/daughter, DGC- dear grandchild, WM- washing machine, DW- dishwasher, LR/DR- living/dining room, RoD- room of doom, Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al- supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!

Any more questions I bet are answered in the wonderful welcome guide which was produced by our much loved Toots

Monday ~ Kitchen and Dining Mess
    Level One...

Sweep, vacuum and mop floors
    Declutter and wipe worksurfaces
    Oven and hob cleaning week... and it is level one so none of you can get out of it..
    Level Two...
    Wipe table replacing cloth if necessary..
    Clear out a cupboard.. the larder unit if yyou jave one or just the general messiness of cupboard.. the one where you stuff all things useless.
    Wipe and replace small appliances.. Clean one thoroughly!
    Level Three...
    Wipe units and large appliances.. don't forget kickboards!
    Wipe the tops of the wall units.. lining them with old wallpaper or newspaper keeps them clean!
    Dejunk window sills, dust blinds and wash windows!
    Extras
    • Wash light shades and clean bulbs
    • Clean out the smelly fridge
    • Sort out and restock baking cupboards
    • Wash the vacuum cleaner innards and filters.. do not reassemble until completely dry!!

Tuesday ~ Living/Family/Reception room
    Level One...

Declutter and vacuum floor!
    Wipe sticky grubby marks from sofas
    Level Two...
    Wipe sticky grubby marks from walls and paintwork
    Vacuum nuder furniture you can safely move.. we have bit of a baby boom on at the moment so please all be careful!!!
    Wash any smelly soft furnishings (this may include pets and OH's)
    Level Three...
    Clear and wipe firesurround..
    Decant all the miscellaneous papers and bits into a box
    Polish any glass.. screens, pictures, ornaments mirrors etc
    Don't forget to do your decluttering for today - you choose where
    Extras
    • Wipe and water any plants
    • Vacuum fluff from the fire and behind the radiator
    • Sort through the box of miscellaneous belongings
    • Binbag dance

Wednesday ~ Master bedroom
    Level One...

Strip, wash and replace the bedding.. leave the mattress and duvet to air!
    Declutter the floor.. and vacuum it!
    Level Two...
    Put away all the shoes and clothes and bags and belts and ties lying around!
    Wash the curtains/nets and clean the window before rehanging them!
    Dust away the webs and fluff
    Level Three...
    Sort through a box of stuff... I have about a million to do!
    If it hasn't been done in a while vacuum and turn the mattress
    Tidy up a cupboard of clothing
    Extras
    • Sort some stuff to ebay ..
    • HHI
    • Wash any coats needed to be clean for school after half term!
    • If any children are due shoe checks/opticians/dentists today is the day to sort these out!

Thursday ~ Bathroom, hall, stairs and landing!
    Level One...

Declutter and vacuum/mop floors
    Sort coats, bags, shoes and dead umbrellas!.. Get rid of any that are no longer needed.
    Level Two...
    Clean the bath, sinks, blah blah.. you know the list! don't forget the back of the toilet.. that gets gross.. and under the icky rim!
    Empty out and clean a cupboard.. put back the necessaries neat and tidy!
    Wash doormats, bathmats and shower curtains
    Level Three...
    Tidy the towel cupboard.. any manky towels can be donated to the PDSA or dog rescue.. they always need them!.. and blankets etc
    Wipe the doors in the hallway and wash any curtains
    Wipe radiators.. front and back!
    Replace any dead sponges/toothbrushes!
    Extras
    • Binbag dance
    • HH doing something you want to do.. reading or whatever.
    • Check where the car papers are and see when MOT/insurance/tax are due and put them in a file safely!! Mine is due this weekend!!.. Ditto house insurance papers!
    • Clean out the upstairs bins.

Friday ~ Chimps rooms!/Spare rooms..
    Level One...

Strip, wash and replace with clean, any bedding
    Spend half an hour doing something that makes you happy.. and I do NOT want details!! Or else you get mine with full colour graphics and that won't be pretty !
    Level Two...
    Rope children in and declutter the floors and quickly vacuum them
    Straighten cupboards of clothing/shoes
    Make sure school stuff is ready for next week.. inc. homework done!
    Level Three...
    Tidy up a bookcase or a toy box.. or just a box of junk!
    Wash any smelly curtains and wash windows
    Clean out any pongy pets
    Extras
    • Go spend some time with your little people.. or big people.. or friends!!!!
    • Binbag dance
    • HHI
    • Spend weekend slobbing!
    Last edited by Natty68; 14-02-2019 at 8:27 PM.

Struggling financially

Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
Page 3
    • Valli
    • By Valli 12th Feb 19, 6:43 AM
    • 21,024 Posts
    • 238,113 Thanks
    Valli
    Mrs Moneypenny

Huge hugs. Once a Flylady always a Flylady and I can assure you you will get support here as you set off on your new route through life.

Natty hope you had a very happy birthday.

Yesterday was busy. WM and DW done. Out today with mum and sis. Hope you all have a good day.

Another fail on the slinky too. Need to reboot the grey matter on this one.
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    Janice 1964-2016

Thank you Honey Bear
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 12th Feb 19, 6:49 AM
    • 15,512 Posts
    • 198,118 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    Thank you valli, when we were given this news and the diagnosis I did not imagine that just six short months later I would be trying to organise a funeral and sorting out a way forward on my own. I know it's early days and I must learn to cope but at the moment I can't see how
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
    • Mademoiselle
    • By Mademoiselle 12th Feb 19, 7:05 AM
    • 317 Posts
    • 3,853 Thanks
    Mademoiselle
    Hugs to all

I'm not working today or tomorrow so should get plenty of flying done. BUT will I? Recently I've not been very productive, I am excelent at procrastinationg. So I have written a to do list to see if that helps me keep on track.

To be fair my basics are done
    Bed folded back
    Dirty clothes in laundry
    Timesheets up to date
    Kitchen and living room tidy.

I generally prefer a 'done list' as it shows that I've haven't sat on my wotsit and done nothing but so many of you do well with a 'to do list' I'm going to give it a go.

So motivation and keeping on top of everything, what's your secret?
    Done list
    To Do list
    Other

See you all later!
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 12th Feb 19, 7:56 AM
    • 5,087 Posts
    • 58,107 Thanks
    Jazee
    Welcome back Mrs MP, lots of hugs for you.

Morning everyone. I'm only just having first cuppa of the day and really must get moving soon. Might answer a few emails while I wake up properly.

MadamM, I kind of have a rough idea of what I'd like to achieve each day, and sometimes there are essentials, but if I don't achieve much, I don't give myself a hard time about it. Tomorrow is another day and sometimes relaxing is important.
    Last edited by Jazee; 12-02-2019 at 7:58 AM.
    Spend less now, work less later.
    Savings thread #78 Apr £120.62 Total 2019 - £1344.19/£5k
    Keep Moving Challenge - walked 203 miles
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 12th Feb 19, 8:05 AM
    • 2,658 Posts
    • 38,591 Thanks
    ionafan
    Welcome back mrs-mp and huge (((hugs))). I have never forgotten meeting you and your DH: he was a truly lovely man, and you were such a strong team. Please be kind to yourself, take things a day or even an hour at a time - you don't have to do everything all at once - and remember that your Flylady friends are always here for you and will do their best to help you through the darkest times xxx

I did basic flying yesterday, and today will be much the same. It's one of those weeks! DH is going to SW. I had a guilt-free meal out with my fellow ex-students last night and will tighten my belt during the coming week to compensate for the garlic bread with mozarella

Out for a time this morning on a visit, so I'll fly a bit around lunchtime and keep plodding away at the paperwork after Rosie's walk.

See you all later. Spare spoons in the pot by the hob and plenty of sticks on the lawn (which I am thinking of turning into a veg plot) - please help yourselves xx
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 12th Feb 19, 9:08 AM
    • 10,459 Posts
    • 127,537 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Mrs MP, I'm sat here in tears, I did wonder where you had got to, I am so sorry for your loss, your husband was a wonderful man and enjoyed showing me how to sail the boat.
    I am here for you, there will be a way forward to will take time, go slowly at your pace.
    If you want to meet, just let me know. (I'm retired now)

Ironing done
    Hoovering done
    Walking done.

Hugs all round xx
    Sun, Sea
    Slinky is back on! - 21 and counting
    I can do this, I will do this...
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 12th Feb 19, 9:18 AM
    • 991 Posts
    • 11,542 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Just stopping for a coffee and to give Mrs MP huge, huge ((hugs)). We are all here for you. Xx I was wondering about you at the weekend as I was mending - you have frequently inspired me to make and mend again.

One load of washing is outside and I am contemplating a second round. The kitchen is starting to look better. I cleaned the glass doors with vinegar and they are not only clean but the brass lattice (the real word escapes me!) is also ... brass coloured! I donít think Iíve seen that for a few years.
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 12th Feb 19, 9:20 AM
    • 2,045 Posts
    • 11,130 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Mrs MP, I'm sorry for your loss, your husband sounds like a wonderful man, just from what other are saying about him.

In terms of to do lists/done lists,
    I have daily jobs that I don't really need a list for, but I do enjoy the satisfaction of writing the jobs down so I can tick them off.
    I do bullet journal (after a fashion) but now have a fil0fax folder folder with some pre printed bullet journal pages. They do 'personal' ones and 'business' ones so I have both and use them on the correct days. I don't use them everyday, but do find them helpful.
    I often, on here, write a list if I need the accountability and update with what I've done/still need to do throughout the day. This was particularly helpful last week after we'd had some work done.

Sticks & spoons are being handed out around the tea pot whilst I quietly cry on my delayed train as I will be an hour and a half late for my visit today.

Wish.
    The 100 payment countdown (each payment = £400) 2018 Starts at 13/100 o/s £34,750.
    Jan 18 14/100 Feb 15/100 March 18/100 April 19/100 May 20/100 June 21/100 Dec: 28/100
    MFW 2019 Challenge Member #59: 0/£2860
    • Narc0lepsy
    • By Narc0lepsy 12th Feb 19, 9:33 AM
    • 1,740 Posts
    • 24,489 Thanks
    Narc0lepsy
    Mrs MP adding to the hugs. So very sorry to hear of your loss. We are all here for you.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
    • White_musk
    • By White_musk 12th Feb 19, 9:59 AM
    • 166 Posts
    • 1,787 Thanks
    White_musk
    MrsMP my heart goes out to you. My story is so similar. Diagnosis and funeral just a few weeks later. It's devastating. Take time and all the time you need to grieve, this is YOUR loss. It takes time to find a new normal and it's not easy, do everything in your own time and in your own way. Enormous hugs.

Breakfast had, wet room, bin and kitchen sink scrubbed. Going to vacuum and dust through, have lunch then do the sun room. It's quite cool today but when I went into the sun room it was like an oven.

Have a good day all.
    Feb 2019 GC £151.53/£300

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, wisdom to know the difference.
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 12th Feb 19, 10:30 AM
    • 15,512 Posts
    • 198,118 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    Kazwookie sheringham was so bittersweet last year, we'd been for our usual anniversary weekend and as normal had the week with all the family planned for two weeks later. While we were there he commented that the slopes seemed steeper he had still been training regularly but had slowed down because of a cough and the hot weather. It was the gap in between those two that we went hospital. In his words he went from fit to fkd in four days. They drained fluid took biopsies and gave us their suspicions and because he still desperately wanted to go to sheringham with the family the nurses taught me how to do chest drains and we went. But sitting there surrounded by so many happy memories and wondering if we would make it there another year was awful. When we got back the diagnosis was confirmed but we were told we had a year not the six months we ended up getting.

Whitemusk im so sorry to hear of your loss, life can be so cruel can't it.
    Last edited by mrs-moneypenny; 12-02-2019 at 10:32 AM.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 12th Feb 19, 12:15 PM
    • 10,459 Posts
    • 127,537 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Hugs Mrs MP, any time you want to go there, I'll come and be your support, don't go so often now as father died over Christmas time, but I will be house hunting soon in the area, so when / if I get sorted a bed is always there for you and your family, even if it is on the sofa. Even if not, I'll meet you.......

Shopping done
    Going to clean my car if the weather holds.
    Sun, Sea
    Slinky is back on! - 21 and counting
    I can do this, I will do this...
    • White_musk
    • By White_musk 12th Feb 19, 1:11 PM
    • 166 Posts
    • 1,787 Thanks
    White_musk

Whitemusk im so sorry to hear of your loss, life can be so cruel can't it.
    Originally posted by mrs-moneypenny
    It can indeed. It's five years ago last month since I lost my husband. I suppose I've built my new normal, I didn't want to, I didn't want to accept I was alone but I had no choice. I suppose bit by bit as you move from one day to the next you build your new life, for me, it just seemed to creep up and when I looked one day it had happened. The adage 'time is a great healer' is true. I occasionally find myself with tears rolling but it has got less and less and I remember the good times far more than the sad. I so know how you feel and wish I could give you a real life hug.

Made steak and stir fry for lunch. It was supposed to be for dinner but DGD is staying so I decided to have dinner at lunch time and I'll have a snack for dinner. I have to pick her up from preschool and then keep her busy, busy 'till bed time so it's simpler. Once I'd eaten lunch I cleaned the kitchen, mopped the floor then cleaned the sun room.
    Feb 2019 GC £151.53/£300

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, wisdom to know the difference.
    • MadamMim2013
    • By MadamMim2013 12th Feb 19, 3:40 PM
    • 773 Posts
    • 9,853 Thanks
    MadamMim2013
    Sending hugs for all..
    So sorry for your loss Mrs-MP, its been said, yet I reiterate, this is YOUR grief, no one else can tell you how to feel or when to feel it.. Everyday is a new one, take it as it comes.. Weíre with you whenever you need us!

Today I attended the disciplinary meeting for DS2.. lots of tears from me.. think they are finally taking it on board that I am at a loss as to whatís next, if he loses his space with them for next year, what then..

Well, it pushed me to get some outstanding jobs done as I needed to take my mind off everything..
    Finally took bags of bits, duvet, cover, hygiene products, toiletries, etc to the homeless drop off.
    Batteries recycled
    Empty crisp/biscuit packs, toothbrushes, etc to the re cycling point for a local disability charity.
    Shoes/odds to charity shop
    New door catch innerds replaced
    2nd lock on bottom of garden gate put on (as discovered delivery guy putting hand over, unlocking and letting himself in for a drop off..I was home) Feel more secure now!
    Now taking time out to catch up on here, though my eyes are sore and heavy (will put drops in)
    Still some basics to do.. they may or may not get done..

Busy day tomorrow, work then having windscreen replaced.. just had all new wipers delivered ready, will ask them nicely to replace once screen is in..
    "There's a little witch in all of us"
    2018 GC 93 2019 GC 3 April GC £158.88/£300
    : DEBT FREE 06/2018
    • Valli
    • By Valli 12th Feb 19, 3:51 PM
    • 21,024 Posts
    • 238,113 Thanks
    Valli
    been to see Leonardo's work in Derby. Jaw-dropping work. Thinking of popping to see it in Sheffield too, now, as different museums have different pieces as it's all being exhibited simultaneously.

Forecast was as predicted so, hopefully, the line of washing will have dried.

Tea in SC.
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    Janice 1964-2016

Thank you Honey Bear
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 12th Feb 19, 4:09 PM
    • 15,512 Posts
    • 198,118 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    My kitchen has been scrubbed and I'm in the process of cleaning the water purifier someone told us may work as a cure. A friend wanted one so she can have it with my blessing and I hope it works for her type.
    Thank you all for the kind messages.
    Last edited by mrs-moneypenny; 13-02-2019 at 12:30 AM.
    SPC~12 ot 124

• Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 12th Feb 19, 5:41 PM
    • 25,608 Posts
    • 104,605 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    So sorry, Mrs MP.

Well, after a very busy day, got home to find out that he'd managed to vacuum the bedroom, but nothing else. And the kitchen looks like a bomb's gone off in it. How does he manage this?

He has been dispatched to rehearsal and I'm about to attack the kitchen whilst muttering darkly about ungrateful barstewards who seem to be allergic to being asked to do more than one thing at a time having inhaled an entire spinach pizza because he decided it was more important to go and buy me food I wouldn't have bought myself.

At least I'll be tired by bedtime. I have no intention of waiting up for him.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 12th Feb 19, 6:53 PM
    • 3,055 Posts
    • 22,401 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Mrs MP I too had wondered where you were. My heart absolutely goes out to you, I will light a candle for your DH tonight and write a note on our prayer tree at church for you and your family. You will always have a place here with the Flyladies xxxxx

Long long day but I'm not going to drivel on about that. Highlight of my day was one of my 16yo students telling me I looked 'well trendy'
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • roundtuit
    • By roundtuit 12th Feb 19, 8:01 PM
    • 797 Posts
    • 10,914 Thanks
    roundtuit
    ((hugs)) Mrs MP xx

I've been a very good flylady and packed away everything that the lovely young man from Mr T delivered at 8pm. I will be so pleased with myself in the morning when I don't have an obstacle course of groceries to overcome in order to reach the kettle

I called to see Dad on the way home from the paid stuff. It would have been their 59th wedding anniversary tomorrow and he's bought Mum a dozen red roses and says he's going to see her tomorrow. It's very peaceful in the little copse where we scattered her ashes - where she used to play as a little girl. I hope he can find some peace there. Dad is another one searching for a new kind of normal.

Hugs to all

Rxx
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 12th Feb 19, 8:11 PM
    • 25,608 Posts
    • 104,605 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Ended up;

Emptying the sink. For a change, it was full of soap liquid scented water, rather than Evil Soup. Still meant cleaning the bowl, cleaning the sink, cleaning the drainer and covering the hob with stuff that should have been washed up Sunday/Monday evening. Cups washed properly and four put on the countertop to soak with a couple of drops of bleach.

Countertops cleaned again. Hob cleaned again. SC emptied and cleaned. Top of fridge cleaned where he'd let stuff drip, as were the cupboard doors.

Tea drips (more like tea floods) cleaned off the WM I scrubbed on Sunday.

Herbal teas put into glass jar.

Tiles wiped over.

Washload taken off horse, tea towels out of the drier, washload in the machine taken out and hung up, another washload in and running around now.

Found the last mug in the house to make a cuppa and I was done in about 48mins.

Really, how in the blazes does he manage to make 5 sinkfulls and nearly an hour's worth of work in 48 hours?
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,452Posts Today

5,175Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin