TSB Cashback failure update 170518

My TSB cashback should have been credited somewhere between 6th and 10th May for the period 1st-30th April.

The TSB website says "We’ve had a technical issue that’s meant we’re making the payment to you later this week. We’re sorry about that but you will have the cashback by the end of this week (18th May)."

I've now had a payment - not for 1st Apr-30th Apr, not even for 1st Apr to 10th May, or even 1st April to 15th May.

No - they've paid the grand total of 71p for the spend between 10th May and 15th May. (i.e. the period between last non-statement day, and the day they did the calculation).

It seems patently obvious to me that they are now doing no testing of any description on IT "fixes". So now they have to fix the fix. :wall::wall::wall:

PochiSoldi

Comments

• zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    I spend exactly £500 per month on this card, so should get £5 every month.

I received £4.25, but my transactions between 1st April and today have been: £200, £120, £62, £47, £71, £200 and £95. So it doesn't make any sense at all.
  • pochisoldi
    pochisoldi Posts: 261 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    zerog wrote: »
    I spend exactly £500 per month on this card, so should get £5 every month.

I received £4.25, but my transactions between 1st April and today have been: £200, £120, £62, £47, £71, £200 and £95. So it doesn't make any sense at all.

Are you sure it wasn't £4.75 cashback? (would tally with all but the first two transactions)
  • Elvie100
    Elvie100 Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I spent £500 in one go on 31st March, date entered on the card was 2nd April. I have not received any cash back. DD today will clear the total balance. No statement and all transactions for the last few months showing in a long list. I am going to leave it a few more days before I contact them. Other people have it a lot worse.
    Was MFW#60 - mortgage paid off December 2021
  • zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    pochisoldi wrote: »
    Are you sure it wasn't £4.75 cashback? (would tally with all but the first two transactions)

Good spot but no.
    Elvie100 wrote: »
    I spent £500 in one go on 31st March, date entered on the card was 2nd April. I have not received any cash back. DD today will clear the total balance. No statement and all transactions for the last few months showing in a long list. I am going to leave it a few more days before I contact them. Other people have it a lot worse.

Based on my earlier experience of spending at the end of a calendar month, this would count for April's cashback even though you spent it in March. And based on the other posts on this board, April cashback hasn't been paid yet.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I’ve not received the right amount of cashback
    We are aware of an issue where some customers haven’t received the right amount. We’re very sorry and we’ll make sure we pay you the right amount shortly.
  • fly-catchers
    fly-catchers Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I got 34p for over £600 on the card!!
  • MDMD
    MDMD Posts: 1,428 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I have had nothing at all! This is despite one transaction being £499 but I spent nothing between 10 and 15 May per the OP., so maybe that is why!

Rapidly losing patience so once all the cashbacks drop off next month I am dumping all of my accounts.
  • Does the 1% end at the end of June? If so I will be dumping it as well.
  • pochisoldi
    pochisoldi Posts: 261 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Does the 1% end at the end of June? If so I will be dumping it as well.

Mine ends 30th June (Was supposed to be Mar 2018, then I got a mail sometime last year saying it was going to be extended), and unless I'm given a good reason to keep it (0% balance transfer, extension of 1% cashback), the card is going.

Note the following:
    1) Cashback is determined on "posting date" not "purchase date".
    The posting date depends on when the merchant submits their request to get paid, and is always at least one day after the purchase is made, but in my experience could be as late as the day after an item is dispatched, or three clear days later (spend on Tuesday, posted on Friday).
    (This is based on the way the scheme has worked from Jul 2016 until end of Mar 2018, which as far as I'm concerned are de-facto part of the "scheme rules" and remain so until I get 60 days notice of any change...)

2) 30th June is a Saturday
    Together with (1) this means that any purchase on the card made after Thursday 28th is unlikely to earn any cashback at all. In fact I reckon any purchase made on Thursday evening may not be submitted until Friday and won't get posted until Monday 2nd July. Similar thing goes with mailorder items - especially places which don't debit your card until they dispatch.

PochiSoldi
  • pete-20-11
    pete-20-11 Posts: 645 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    I had 3.11 cash back paid on 17 May.

It looks like that!!!8217;s for transactions between 26 April and 12/17 May. Totals 311.36

Spent more than £500 across the month, so should have been £5.

I wonder if 26 April was when they got something working again... a few days after the big failure!!
    PPI success. Banding success. Double Dip PCN cancelled! South facing solar (Midlands) and battery. Savings Session supporter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure