Motorhome insurance ncb

Options
Hi, I have a motorhome and have been claim free for three years. Each year I have used a different insurer as i have phoned around and found better deals.

My last insurer, AIB, insist that you are not able to get a no claims bonus for a motorhome.

So this year I have used the same broker who arranged my first years insurance and have accepted a quote from them. Now the problems begin as they will accept the letter from AIB confirming that I have been claims free with them, but they will not accept the letter from the RAC who also confirmed by letter that I was claim free, and presumably the broker can check with the insurer they put me with two years ago for the same. But no, they will not accept the letters as proof, it must be on the schedule, which of course it never is.

They have now charged me an additional 40.00 is this correct or are they pulling a scam ?:(

Comments

• jaybeetoo
    jaybeetoo Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I!!!8217;ve earned NCD discount on my camper van. It appears on my annual renewal notice. My insurance is via Adrian Flux.
  • Superscrooge
    Superscrooge Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I had a campervan for three years and earned NCB each year. So it may be a something unique to your insurance company?
  • Reardoa
    Reardoa Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    I have heard of this. Id imagine its due to the small amount of mileage and it being in essence laid up over winter months. We earn it on ours so it must be unique to certain companies.
  • Alf56
    Alf56 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    What I don't understand is why will the new insurer (done via Adrian Flux as it happens) not accept the proof of my being claims free for three years just because I have provided three separate letters rom three separate companies. The previous insurer, AIB, will not put this on their letter as they do not give No claims bonuses they will only confirm that I did not make a claim whilst with them ?

Seems to be a question of when is a NCB not a NCB.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure