Selling your soul to the devil

Comments

• grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    A bed wouldn't fit into the tent...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8sNe0V-QcQ
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    A bed wouldn't fit into the tent...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8sNe0V-QcQ

They could if they had a big fancy glamping tent! BBQ food can be healthy as you can place nice cuts of chicken or fish on the grill and they require no oil to cook! :p
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    They could also have one of those inflatable spas instead of a bathroom...
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
  • rosemac
    rosemac Posts: 6,576 Forumite
    I know someone who enters every comp even if the prize is no use to them. I do not but if you switch and see someone who has a cupboard full of stuff she cant use you will know
  • mansey
    mansey Posts: 4,584 Forumite
    Why do that?

Why would I enter to win cat food when I have dogs?

Why would I want beard oil, when neither my husband nor myself :eek: have a beard?

Why would anyone enter for a bootcamp or a spa break? :rotfl:

Just why?

Are most people not like me and have a house full of chit already without adding more? :o
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • I saw a competition to win a men's Star Wars bundle earlier and the responses were hilarious.

"My 6 year old son is star wars mad, he'd love this" I counted about 20 people commenting for a men's bundle.
    "my son has X illness/has helped me through X illness and it would make my entire life if he won this dressing gown and sock bundle."
    "We had storm troopers at our wedding, this would be a perfect gift for my husband to show him how much I care!" said at least 7 different people.

Really? Why do they think the prize provider gives a hoot :rotfl:
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    mansey wrote: »
    Why do that?

Why would I enter to win cat food when I have dogs?

Why would I want beard oil, when neither my husband nor myself :eek: have a beard?

Why would anyone enter for a bootcamp or a spa break? :rotfl:

Just why?

Are most people not like me and have a house full of chit already without adding more? :o

Agree completely and why enter to win a healthy food hamper full of nuts, seeds and grains when you don't have a pet canary or rabbit? :D
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • mclarkie
    mclarkie Posts: 11,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I saw a competition to win a men's Star Wars bundle earlier and the responses were hilarious.

"My 6 year old son is star wars mad, he'd love this" I counted about 20 people commenting for a men's bundle.
    "my son has X illness/has helped me through X illness and it would make my entire life if he won this dressing gown and sock bundle."
    "We had storm troopers at our wedding, this would be a perfect gift for my husband to show him how much I care!" said at least 7 different people.

Really? Why do they think the prize provider gives a hoot :rotfl:

They think brown nosing the comp provider will help them win a competition that is meant to be randomly selected,(facepalm) assuming of course the provider sticks to their terms and conditions.
  • hdh74
    hdh74 Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    The ones that pee me off are where I see loads of people trying to win something like a kettle designed specifically for someone disabled because 'OMG I love it it would great in my kitchen, loved, liked and shared with all my friends and a million emonjis' The opposite problem to normal when 'why do you want to win' probably should be answered with a brief comment on the needs of the person you want it for imo. While I don't care about people winning a load of old tat this sort of thing does annoy me.
    2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £106 2022 - £140
  • To win a razor. I'm not even kidding, a razor.

i would like to nominate myself, i have been supporting my wife through a lot over the last months, her father passed away in march and we found out her mum had both liver and bowel cancer in april, i myself am out of work due to illness, but while i have been out of work i have volunteered for childline and victim support, we also have our son who is 13 who has asbergers and adhd, and a daughter going through puberty!!! so as you can see i spend a awful lot of time helping and supporting others. winning this would be a rare something for myself and would give me a little pampering time for myself for a change thank you for the opportunity
    Why do mice have such small balls?
    Because so few of them can dance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family