Time to get serious

Options

Comments

• EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Haha I'm not as good as you make out Jodles, the Easter egg only arrived at mine on Thursday when relatives were visiting that I haven't seen since Xmas!!!! Although I guess it did last a couple of days :rotfl:
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    I was impressed you had one left, too!
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Well one eBay item has sold already (put them on with BIN) so just waiting for payment - fingers crossed it's a hassle free one!
    The wedding dress has had hardly any views though, in fact I think the number of views has gone down. I'm sure it was 6 yesterday and is now 5. Is that even possible, or maybe I'm going mad? So not looking too hopeful there.

New bank account switch is in progress, so hoping that will rumble along in the background.

Still waiting for my bargainous jeans to turn up, hope they fit ok.
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ive sold 6 items in the last week and I'd say all of them have been listed previously at least 15 time s each! Someone suggested to me to change or add a few more pictures to the relists, so that may be worth a try?
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    That's incredible SJ, thanks for the tips. I will give it a few more days - after all it was only listed Sunday (not impatient at all am I lol) then rejig it a bit if still not much interest. I did change the category last night so hoping that will help too.
  • FloppyDisk
    FloppyDisk Posts: 864 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is it just me that can't see SJ without thinking SJing? Anyway....

Well done on ebaying, I must catch up with the start of your story (and work out how to use ebay) I really think there is an art to it.
    Mortgage Apr 18 £417,894 BTL Mar 18 £162,857
    Mortgage now -- £350,085 BTL now --- £162,668
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    I've been pleasantly surprised with my eBay antics, never really sold much before but I am on a mission!!
    not sure about there being an art to it, I just chuck it on and hope.

Payment received for item, although PayPal/eBay are holding for 21 days so can't count it for my May totals. Very nearly at payout for SB again, although that often takes a few days too, so not sure if that will slip into May either.
  • Baldybear
    Baldybear Posts: 1,657 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good afternoon, found you :)

Sounds like you have great plans, assume you are in the south due to extortionate prices!

Love your plans of getting land for the horses. That would be my ideal dream, would love cornwall, will move there one day. For now I have it as good as I could, have hoss on DIY livery so yes all the work but my yard is 5 minutes walk from my house, grazing isnt wonderful but for a hoss that doesnt need much its ideal, she is out during the day and in at night. Lovely off road hacking as well for miles. Also benefit of being on a yard is YO is lovely and although have to pay extra can go on holiday, have last minute emergencies and they are around to help. It was invaluable last year with issues with mum and was literally dropping everything so for me being there is worth the pennies.
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Welcome BB :) sounds like you have a good arrangement there. I struggle with horsecare for holidays. In the past family could do it, but not at the moment so we haven't been away for a few years. Hopefully my DDs will be able/willing soon when one of them gets a car!
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Happy weekend! I'm really looking forward to an extra day off this weekend after a hellish week work-wise.

I had a text yesterday confirming my account switch to the hali is done and they've deposited £100 into my account. That was very quick as only applied last weekend! Hopefully I will have some log in details in the post I have yet to sort and I can count that in May's total :j

I will need to set up all the money shuffling etc for the monthly reward now and apply for the CC. I've decided this will be my food account so should be quite easy to manage.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure