Can I make money online legitimately? I've just be diagnosed with a Slipped Disc :(

Hey all...

So, I've just been diagnosed with a Slipped disc and pretty much bed/house bound for a few weeks or so.

Im only 32 and I work extremely hard so being told I can't work has hit me like train.

Anyhoo... I thought I'd have a look and see if there is a legitimate way to earn a little bit of money whilst stuck at home. Not looking to make a fortune, it's mainly to give me something to do :/

I've had a quick search and found things like website searching, ad clicking, surveys etc but I don't know what's goo or what's not.

I don't really wanna just do something super mind numbing but it'd be nice to make use of a little downtime rather than sat here twiddling my thumbs.

Muchos thanks

James :)

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,672 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Have you thought about entering some competitions? Nothing guaranteed, but might keep you occupied for a while.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • elsien wrote: »
    Have you thought about entering some competitions? Nothing guaranteed, but might keep you occupied for a while.

Nope, never thought of that, thankyou.

Do you have any suggestions on where to find legit ones?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,183 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Nope, never thought of that, thankyou.

Do you have any suggestions on where to find legit ones?

Scroll down on this forum and there is a whole sub board for competitions.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Kayalana99
    Kayalana99 Posts: 3,626 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Best thing you can do is hit google, realisticlly, there are easy things such as swagbucks you can make 10-15 pounds with a lot of effort....but really the only way you'll make money is opening a business of some sort or if you had a skill that you could work from home.

Google will bring up loads of blogs with business ideas, so see if something suits you perhaps. Not really much point anyone listing the 101 things you *could* do as only you know your skill set.
    People don't know what they want until you show them.
  • Kayalana99 wrote: »
    Best thing you can do is hit google, realisticlly, there are easy things such as swagbucks you can make 10-15 pounds with a lot of effort....but really the only way you'll make money is opening a business of some sort or if you had a skill that you could work from home.

Google will bring up loads of blogs with business ideas, so see if something suits you perhaps. Not really much point anyone listing the 101 things you *could* do as only you know your skill set.

Thanks for your info..

I'm a lorry driver/fence and landscaper so skills online are limited, that said I'm certainly not stupid and can work my way around a computer and or the Internet pretty well.

Like I said, not looking to make big bucks, it's more about putting a purpose to being so bored
  • Mrs_Soup
    Mrs_Soup Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    If you fancy surveys but don't want something too mind-numbing try Prolific Academic- they host studies for actual academic research rather than marketing and they pay actual money. Its not as good as it used to be but newcomers seem to do well. NB there are a lot of questions to answer initially as you only get sent surveys you are eligible for so your profile needs to be a complete as possible.
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I love how you say you work extremely hard, yet clearly have spent no time looking at the site before posting.
    If you had, you can see that the majority of things discussed in this part of the forum are indeed online. There are whole guides which you can read. I would suggest starting there.
    Only you can judge which you would prefer to do, and whether it would be worth the time you put into it.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • scaredofdebt
    scaredofdebt Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I would recommend Qmee personally, they pay cash and no minimum amount. You could easily earn a few quid every day and just put in as much time as you want.
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £2,108
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport