Tesco Savings Accounts (moving money out of)

I've got a small amount of money in both a Tesco Internet Saver and a Tesco Instant Access Saver. I've tried numerous times transfer money (£2) out of each of the accounts. I've tried to transfer to Nationwide, Lloyds, both of my two Tesco Current accounts but have, each time, received an error message and no transfer takes place. I've tried on different days of the week, different times of day.

What am I missing? Anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• ab56
    ab56 Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    You will probably have to telephone them to allow you to withdraw an amount initially - security questions etc. Had the same problem.
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,016 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Any danger of revealing what the error message was? I can't help thinking there might be a clue in it :)
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Been reported before. When they've completed their ID checks and received your signed form they're supposed to remove a flag. Occasionally they forget!

But I think rather than try multiple times, to multiple accounts, at multiple times of the day, on multiple days of the week, and then post on here, and then wait for a reply...I'd have made a quick phone call. Unless you're out of the country?
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Been reported before. When they've completed their ID checks and received your signed form they're supposed to remove a flag. Occasionally they forget!

But I think rather than try multiple times, to multiple accounts, at multiple times of the day, on multiple days of the week, and then post on here, and then wait for a reply...I'd have made a quick phone call. Unless you're out of the country?

...and desperate for two quid.
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 18 October 2016 at 12:16PM

The point of saying I'd tried different times/days/accounts was not to suggest I'd been trying hundreds of times but to show I hadn't just tried once in the early hours of the morning.

It was gone midnight that I last tried. I thought I must be missing something obvious and that I'd wake up to find someone had posted the obvious thing I was missing. That obvious thing turns out to be 'give them a call'. Replies usually come quickly here anyway.
  • TheShape
    bigadaj wrote: »
    ...and desperate for two quid.

Four quid actually ;)
  • TheShape
    ColdIron wrote: »
    Any danger of revealing what the error message was? I can't help thinking there might be a clue in it :)

'We've been unable to complete your transaction. Please try again.'

It didn't help much.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    TheShape wrote: »
    'We've been unable to complete your transaction. Please try again.'

It didn't help much.

To be fair it is ridiculous when it says 'please try again' when there's a restriction on the account. It should say 'we are unable to complete your request at this time. Please call us.'
  • TheShape
    Ed-1 wrote: »
    To be fair it is ridiculous when it says 'please try again' when there's a restriction on the account. It should say 'we are unable to complete your request at this time. Please call us.'

Sometimes you do get these odd occasions where something doesn't work and simply 'trying again' does work.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    TheShape wrote: »
    Sometimes you do get these odd occasions where something doesn't work and simply 'trying again' does work.

The point I'm making is there should therefore be different error messages, but I guess that would cost a bit more...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure