Birthday Freebies - which have you got?

MSE_Rhiannon
MSE_Rhiannon Posts: 151 MSE Staff
First Anniversary First Post Car Insurance Carver! Energy Saving Champion
edited 19 February 2020 at 2:12PM in Freebies (no spend required)
BirthdayFreebies.png

Have you spotted a birthday freebie or discount?

We have a full list of them checked out with the relevant press offices.

Click "reply" below to discuss it or tell us if you've spotted one we don't have in the list :)
Keeper of: Supermarket coupons, Birthday freebies, School holidays & Cheap perfume guides.
Follow us on Twitter to grab the latest MSE Deals.

Comments

• Luckystar
    Luckystar Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I had a £5 spend via the M&S Sparks card on my birthday but not sure if everyone gets it. Collected lots of the ones linked above ��
  • MSE_Rhiannon
    MSE_Rhiannon Posts: 151 MSE Staff
    First Anniversary First Post Car Insurance Carver! Energy Saving Champion
    Luckystar wrote: »
    I had a £5 spend via the M&S Sparks card on my birthday but not sure if everyone gets it. Collected lots of the ones linked above ��
    We did have this one on the list, but many people told us they weren't getting it, and M&S were a bit cagey on details of who gets it - so you may have been lucky :)
    Keeper of: Supermarket coupons, Birthday freebies, School holidays & Cheap perfume guides.
    Follow us on Twitter to grab the latest MSE Deals.
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Vintage Inns email a voucher for you to get a bottle of bubbly when 4 or more people have a main meal in the week before or after your birthday.

I was told in Hobbycraft that I'd get a £5 birthday voucher if I signed up for a loyalty card and gave them my D.O.B - I didn't receive one though.
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    £20 from hobbs
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    mrs_lds wrote: »
    £20 from hobbs

Last year this was a voucher for a candle instore...has it now changed to a voucher to the value of £20?.....do they actually sell anything under £20...I've always thought their prices were much higher everytime I have browsed instore.
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    LEJC wrote: »
    Last year this was a voucher for a candle instore...has it now changed to a voucher to the value of £20?.....do they actually sell anything under £20...I've always thought their prices were much higher everytime I have browsed instore.

I'm not sure might get a pair of tights in store.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 13 October 2017 at 6:51PM
    To my amusement, I got a chit for a free bar of top end own brand Morrisons chocolate.
    And left son gawking as he held the shopping & I marched the coupon to the shelf, picked my preferred bar & pattered back to the till & redeemed it.
    There's still one piece left - it is *nice*, so I am rationing it to make it last longer!

Seems Body Shop, Superdrug, & IKEA, have all forgotten me & Playmobil have decided that I'm not a child. (Drat them.)
  • behinana restaurant always end you freebies when its your birthday...but you have to sign up to their newsletter
  • Hobbycraft Loyalty/Club card- not only does it give you a discount code on first registration it gives you a £5 voucher on your Birthday for use within 2 weeks. :-)
  • Chris25 wrote: »
    Vintage Inns email a voucher for you to get a bottle of bubbly when 4 or more people have a main meal in the week before or after your birthday.

I was told in Hobbycraft that I'd get a £5 birthday voucher if I signed up for a loyalty card and gave them my D.O.B - I didn't receive one though.

You should check with them as I got one ....maybe you need to be registered for a period of time before it kicks in?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback