Shop & Scan

Options

Comments

• maiden_scotland
    Options
    I've just received this in an e-mail - I'm undecided yet till I look into it more

As a valued member of ShopandScan we would like to offer you a special opportunity to take part in our exciting new research project called Screenwise Select.

What is Screenwise Select?

Kantar is conducting a research project in partnership with Google to help them better serve their users, partners and customers by learning more about people's media use, on the web and elsewhere.

As a member of Screenwise Select Panel you would receive a small meter and handset to use with each TV set, and a web meter that links with your existing internet connection. When someone is watching TV, the people in the room would simply need to press a button on the handset to indicate their presence. Similarly, on shared devices that access the internet, the person using it would be required to identify themselves by selecting their symbol.

Rewards

Once the meters are installed in your home we will credit your account with 25,000 points. Each month we will reward you with a further 5,500 points for your TV and web data. In addition to this you will be rewarded an annual bonus of 30,000 points for your continued participation. This is all on top of the rewards you receive for participation in ShopandScan, of which you will need to remain an active member.
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've just received this in an e-mail - I'm undecided yet till I look into it more

I've been on it for a couple of years now. Nothing too painful and reasonable rewards. Good helpful people on the phone to answer any queries.

My only gripe would be the TV meter needs to be wired to your internet connection (not wireless enabled) which, if they're not physically close, can be a pain.

Some people think of it as intrusive and spying, but each to their own.
  • maiden_scotland
    Options
    fifeken wrote: »
    I've been on it for a couple of years now. Nothing too painful and reasonable rewards. Good helpful people on the phone to answer any queries.

My only gripe would be the TV meter needs to be wired to your internet connection (not wireless enabled) which, if they're not physically close, can be a pain.

Some people think of it as intrusive and spying, but each to their own.

Thank you :)
  • wildesavings
    Options
    I've just received an invite and signed up... How much are people earning from this? Is it worth it?
    Started my MFW journey in August 14 : £103,650
    2019 : £77,900
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    I have signed back up, and got my scanner etc today, it has changed since I done it last ..

So with the reciepts can I take a picture of them on my hudl and then send them??
    Work to live= not live to work
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have signed back up, and got my scanner etc today, it has changed since I done it last ..

So with the reciepts can I take a picture of them on my hudl and then send them??

yes you can
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    Thanks aesop,

I normally do little shops daily, so is it OK to send the reciepts picture and download the barcode clicker stuff as soon as I come home?? / per shop etc..

This way I know its done and dusted, even though it might be 2 or 3 a day lol
  • judexx
    judexx Posts: 495 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks aesop,

I normally do little shops daily, so is it OK to send the reciepts picture and download the barcode clicker stuff as soon as I come home?? / per shop etc..

This way I know its done and dusted, even though it might be 2 or 3 a day lol

They say that you must transmit barcodes at least once a week but more often if you wish - so that should be fine.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    Thanks judexx

Sorry for all the questions , I just want to make sure I do things right..

One last question..

Some of the shops I go to, don't give reciepts , and don't have bar codes, like the butcher, and the animal feed store I go to, so di I just click the person who shopped, then click butcher, pet shop etc and then the amount I spent?? With no receipt uploaded??
  • judexx
    judexx Posts: 495 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks judexx

Sorry for all the questions , I just want to make sure I do things right..

One last question..

Some of the shops I go to, don't give reciepts , and don't have bar codes, like the butcher, and the animal feed store I go to, so di I just click the person who shopped, then click butcher, pet shop etc and then the amount I spent?? With no receipt uploaded??

If you look at the bottom of the pages with store barcodes on, you'll see that it says that you only need to copy receipts for those that have an asterisk by the name.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback