Poundland Bargain Thread -

Comments

• sjprmc01
    sjprmc01 Posts: 917 Forumite
    I got some Disney non fiction books today. Had been part of some deal with the Sunday mail/Birmingham mail. One has a price sticker of 3.50. On. Good for 6-10 yr olds. They had various ones dinosaurs, planet earth,the human body and more
    No more unnecessary toiletries Feb 2014 INS: 24 UU: 13. Mar 2014. INS: lost count, naughty step for me! UU: 8
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 28 June 2012 at 1:09AM
    Just back from the big Poundland in the city centre (Glasgow).

Got Harry Hill's "Tim The Tiny Horse At Large" hardback (for little ones) and "All About Piglet" paperback, for my niece's upcoming third birthday.

Louise Rennison's "Lurrrve Is A Many-Trousered Thing" for my older niece, who is nearly 14.

For my dad's belated birthday meal, an inflatable crown for him to wear.

As I'm completely cack-handed with false eyelashes, I found an eyelash applicator..if it puts them on properly I'll be amazed, they always seem to curl up on one side when I try them!
  • sjprmc01
    I also got some of the Sally Hansen nail polish pens mentioned prev in here. Just tried them out just now they are excellent. Very very easy to apply neatly let's just hope the brush bits don't dry out as that's the only flaw I could have seen with them
    No more unnecessary toiletries Feb 2014 INS: 24 UU: 13. Mar 2014. INS: lost count, naughty step for me! UU: 8
  • Thrillho
    Thrillho Posts: 55 Forumite
    I got one of the Sally Hansen pens too, they're totally great. They are really easy to apply and dry super quick. I wipe the brush on some tissue after using it to stop it going all gunky. The only colour my local Poundland had was chrome, are there any other colours available?

I also got a couple of bottles of glittery Sally Hansen polish for layering over other colours. One is called Pumpkin Spice which is orangey and will look great over brown/black. The other is silvery glitter and looks really nice, well worth a quid.
  • sjprmc01
    Yeah mine had 2 colours. The silver chrome and fuchsia chrome. (way nicer than and not as 'loud' as it sounds)

Think I may give my brush bits a wipe (if they haven't dried already lol)
  • Thanks to Natwest can't afford poundland this week haha x
  • carole.uk
    carole.uk Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    LouLou wrote: »
    Just back from the big Poundland in the city centre (Glasgow).

Got Harry Hill's "Tim The Tiny Horse At Large" hardback (for little ones) and "All About Piglet" paperback, for my niece's upcoming third birthday.

Louise Rennison's "Lurrrve Is A Many-Trousered Thing" for my older niece, who is nearly 14.

For my dad's belated birthday meal, an inflatable crown for him to wear.

As I'm completely cack-handed with false eyelashes, I found an eyelash applicator..if it puts them on properly I'll be amazed, they always seem to curl up on one side when I try them!
    Hi Loulou did the eyelash applicator work i am rubbish at putting them on
    IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!!!:j:money:
  • Brockyman
    Brockyman Posts: 383 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver! Cashback Cashier
    DOFF Liquid Lawn Feed at Poundland has just gone up in price by 400% !!!! :mad:
    It used to be £1 for 1 Litre of 15-3-3 lawn feed.
    It is now £1 for 500ml of 7.5-1.5-1.5.
    So not only do you only get half as much but it is only half the strength so you have to use twice as much!!

However because it is still £1 they will probably claim that they haven't put their prices up.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Luckystar wrote: »
    Ilovemilka%20187g3.jpg
    Quick q - are the chocolates inside individually wrapped? I'm guessing not, at this price.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Violetta_2
    Violetta_2 Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Quick q - are the chocolates inside individually wrapped? I'm guessing not, at this price.
    No they aren't wrapped, just cute little hearts.
    Booo!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure