April NSD Challenge 2018

This challenge is about setting yourself a weekly / monthly target of how many No Spend Days you would like to try and achieve during the month of January.
Keep us updated with your progress and hope you all have a great start to the new year.

To join,
just post your personal target and you are on your way.

Tips for the challenge;
1. Decide on a clear goal weekly or monthly of how many No Spend days you'd like to try and achieve

2. Create a list of allowances...What counts as a spend and what doesn't. Keep the list on you so you don't fall of the wagon or make exceptions for everything

3. Keep a tally of how many NSDs you get. See if you can beat your previous amount!
:heart: Engaged 01-09-17 :heart: Wedding £519.78 (BA) £80.22 (Sp) / £5,600 £5,000 left to save:heart:

Comments

• xironsongx
    xironsongx Posts: 145 Forumite
    edited 2 April 2018 at 9:09PM
    01. xirongsongx 3 a week / 15 nsds
    So far: Weekly: 1 / 3 ** Monthly: 1/15
    02. spudsmum 7 a month
    03. onedaysomeday 15 a month
    :heart: Engaged 01-09-17 :heart: Wedding £519.78 (BA) £80.22 (Sp) / £5,600 £5,000 left to save:heart:
  • xironsongx
    Today was a spend day.

The hubs-to-be wanted a roast and a tesco meal deal so I brought him that.
    I refused to buy myself a meal deal & instead purchased a £2.50 pasta ready meal skipped the drink as i have all that at home. I did buy some fruit, I've been run down for a while now & want to start being healthy to avoid this.
  • spudsmum
    spudsmum Posts: 584 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I will join you again please.

Managed 5 NSD last month so will challenge myself to beat that and aim for 7 this month.

Exceptions are: petrol and working lunches (claimed back through expenses so no cost to me) medicines, nappies and baby wipes.

Looking forward to this
    Total debts £21050! :eek: now £10941. 76. Total extra income made in Jan22 £109. 27 Feb 22 £45.25 Total extra income made in 2022 £154.52 Aiming for debt free at 45 - 41 months to go!
  • Can I put myself down for 15 please :)
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • xironsongx
    I'll add you 2 up now :)
    Good luck!
    I am hoping to stick with it this month, I've been falling off the wagon again and now I'm stressing a little with finances so I'll really try this month.

I'm going to put £1.00 away each day I don't spend.

TODAY was a nsd ! woop! Bagged my first one.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,249 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I will sign up again for 17.

Yesterday & today were NSD's so thats 1 & 2.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • 1st April was a NSD so 1/15 so far
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • beanielou
    NSD no 3 today.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• spudsmum
    spudsmum Posts: 584 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    NSD no.1 today

1/7 completed
    Total debts £21050! :eek: now £10941. 76. Total extra income made in Jan22 £109. 27 Feb 22 £45.25 Total extra income made in 2022 £154.52 Aiming for debt free at 45 - 41 months to go!
  • beanielou
    Snow here.
    So today will be NSD no 4.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure