Affect Energy Reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• tecstar
    tecstar Posts: 49
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Switched on the 26th. Got an email today from my current provider notifying me they have been informed of the impending switch.
  • tecstar
    Forumite
    Got an email this morning requesting my first meter readings.
  • katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,775
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Peter_O wrote: »
    I'm very impressed with Affect Energy

I decided to switch to Affect Energy last autumn when energy prices were being hiked and the best deals were vanishing thick and fast. I managed to get Affect Energy's highly competitive Fixed Saver (October 2017) dual fuel tariff just before it was pulled - six months on and it's still more than £100 cheaper than the best fixed gas & electricity deals currently available.

The switch to Affect was handled very competently and communication with the supplier was excellent throughout. Other plus points: Affect's website features pared back simplicity (nice) and the monthly energy statements are clear and well presented. Customer service is really good too. Don't be put off by the fact that this supplier is a relatively new player in the energy market. So far, so good. If competitive deals return, I would thoroughly recommend Affect Energy (five stars).
    Just considering a switch to Affect so helpful to see that it is going well so far.
  • Chrishazle
    Chrishazle Posts: 609
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    So far so good - had the request for first meter readings last Friday, submitted without problem (E7 meter, single rate electric tariff, website took the readings without problem). CS so far has been excellent.
  • katejo
    Forumite
    tecstar wrote: »
    Got an email this morning requesting my first meter readings.
    Do they pressure you to accept a Smart meter? I really don't want that at the moment. I cancelled with another potential provider because they were doing this.
  • They don't offer smart meters at present
  • Chrishazle
    Chrishazle Posts: 609
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    If you don't want a smart meter, just tell them you have a 3 phase supply! Current domestic smart meters can't handle that, and it's not even clear whether the SMETS2 smart meters due back end of this year will have 3 phase as well as single phase capability! You should have seen the face of the BG engineer who came to install a smart meter for me, opened the Elec meter box, saw all 3 phases connected. closed the box!
  • katejo
    Forumite
    Chrishazle wrote: »
    If you don't want a smart meter, just tell them you have a 3 phase supply! Current domestic smart meters can't handle that, and it's not even clear whether the SMETS2 smart meters due back end of this year will have 3 phase as well as single phase capability! You should have seen the face of the BG engineer who came to install a smart meter for me, opened the Elec meter box, saw all 3 phases connected. closed the box!
    What is a 3 phase supply please? Have never heard the term before.
  • tecstar
    Forumite
    katejo wrote: »
    Do they pressure you to accept a Smart meter? I really don't want that at the moment. I cancelled with another potential provider because they were doing this.

I don't believe so . They dont even support meter readings from them yet!
  • tecstar
    Forumite
    So today they took their first DD in advance. I spoke to my old supplier and the gas has switched already. Just got to wait for the electricity. I need my DD to go out on the 2nd of the month, so need to speak to Affect about changing the date. Thing is They say next payment is due 20th April, but I need my next payment to be 2nd May. I hope they don't make me pay in April and May. I've already paid twice in March!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure