edited 10 February 2022 at 3:51PM in Energy
This is a feedback thread on energy supplier
Sainsbury’s Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
  • Did you switch go smoothly?
  • Have you had problems since?
  • Is it easy to contact?
The feedback comes as part of the
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sainsburys don't deal with energy - who are they actually fronting ?
    EON, SP or someone else ?
  • Brantley
    Brantley Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Quote from their website:

'Sainsbury's Energy is a new partnership between two of the UK's leading companies Sainsburys and British Gas, providing sustainable energy solutions to homes across the UK.'

So at a guess I would say it was British Gas. :)
  • Nada666
    Nada666 Posts: 5,004 Forumite
    Options
    For now. They have partnered with others.
  • Ancient_William
    Options
    Does anyone know if you get staff discount if switching to Sainsbury's Energy.

If so it would just tip them into lead position.

Thanks in advance, fingers crossed but, knowing Sainsbury's, not very hopeful to be honest.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nada666 wrote: »
    For now. They have partnered with others.

This sort of thing really annoys me - if the true supplier is able to supply Sainsburys at a cheap enough price for Sainsburys to add their cut and still sell cheap power - why can we not get the power at the same price as Sainsburys - direct from the originating supplier ?
    Before someone says VOLUME - Yes - but for Sainsburys to sell it on cheaply - they must be getting a huge discount ??
    This adds to the price fixing that is going on......
  • hellesbelles67
    Options
    We switched in Jan through Uswitch, we can't get logged onto the account it is always down and they have not been taking money for the gas only electric even though gas d/d is set up so we owe them 355.00at the moment for gas, we contacted them and they were supposed to take 73.00 for gas on May 1st and still no payment taken! Nightmare!! We are going o contact them to disbute bill
  • humfer
    humfer Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    This sort of thing really annoys me - if the true supplier is able to supply Sainsburys at a cheap enough price for Sainsburys to add their cut and still sell cheap power - why can we not get the power at the same price as Sainsburys - direct from the originating supplier ?
    Before someone says VOLUME - Yes - but for Sainsburys to sell it on cheaply - they must be getting a huge discount ??
    This adds to the price fixing that is going on......

I'm with British Gas at the moment and as my Online Energy tariff ends at the end of the month to their Standard one finally started to look around. The Co Op fixed looks good but noticed Sainsburys Fix Feb15 also looks quite good. See prices below. Sainsburys partner is BG - so if I move to one of their competitors I pay less and still effectively get my energy from BG. Very strange....

BG Standard Gas 26p SG and 4.430p per KWH
    Sainsburys Feb 14 26p SG and 3.910 per KWH

BG Standard Elec 26p SG and 12.270 per unit
    Sainsburys Feb 14 26p SG and 10.860 per unit
  • forestlands
    Options
    Hi, Coop is with another company, just like Sainsburys, so it is a case of out of the frying pan! Sorry don't know who Coop are supplying with. Found out about Coop when phoned CAB consumer helpline re Sainsburys ! Good luck!
  • Hi, Coop is with another company, just like Sainsburys, so it is a case of out of the frying pan! Sorry don't know who Coop are supplying with. Found out about Coop when phoned CAB consumer helpline re Sainsburys ! Good luck!

Not correct about the co-op I'm afraid.

Sainsbury's are indeed just a rebranding of BG, with Sainsbury's getting some royalties one would imagine. Co-op, however, have a licence to supply both gas and electricity, the address is on Warwick Business Park. All info available from OFGEM's website.
  • MillicentBystander
    Options
    Sainsburys Energy offer a longer term fix than BG do, though, so they must have some flexibility to tailor their tariffs?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback