Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    edited 18 May 2017 at 11:01AM
    mhoc wrote: »
    Has everyone had their Mr !!!!!! quarterly statements now?
    I must admit I had forgotten all about them, at one time not so long ago those 4 end of the quarter dates were highlights on the calendar, now I can only guess - possibly January because often its when we are away, May sometime, August and the last one might be
    october or november according to whenever Christmas starts ...

Anyway between us we have about £5 worth but only because of adding a few points. I really need to have a look at the accounts and try and think of something I can use them for ...

not yet mhoc....my last point collection date was 7th may....and it has now reset,waiting for the mailing

The next quarter for me runs until 20th july
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • Jeremiah_T_Stone
    Jeremiah_T_Stone Posts: 751 Forumite
    edited 18 May 2017 at 11:20AM
    Good morning everyone!

Life has been so busy lately!

It was my first wedding anniversary this week :)

That's lovely xxlouisexx belated Happy First Wedding Anniversary. Did you get traditional presents of "Paper"?
    Paper can be so boring, but I gave my wife a 45 pack of Andrex "Puppies On A Roll " :rotfl:
    Fighting Recurring Cancer
  • xxlouisexx56
    xxlouisexx56 Posts: 2,267 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    That's lovely xxlouisexx belated Happy First Wedding Anniversary. Did you get traditional presents of "Paper"?

Just cards :)

My husband bought home a lovely bunch of lilies yesterday. He left for a work trip this morning so it'll be nice to look at those whilst he's away :rotfl:

We're having our belated honeymoon in a couple of weeks (we've got young children so hard to get babysitters for a week!)
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    And on the sky TV frontage I logged onto My Sky this morning to see what offers there were and it now says 50% off sky TV :rotfl:
    So I am wondering now if its worth another call to see what else they might offer me for the fibre/line rental bit :D

This only brings me down to what I was offered on the first call so its not that much of an improvement :D
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • ROCKINGHAM
    ROCKINGHAM Posts: 982 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Morning all - Happy Anniversary xxloiuse 🍾 Shame hubby is away but I'm sure you will make up for that upon his return:wink::wink:

A little bit drier here today TG still no denying the garden needed it. Have to take DS up to hospital for physiology appointment early this morning - felt very anxious again but once there chatting to the staff forgot about it. :).

Like others Sunlife sent me my M & S card this morning - so will go nicely with 20% off offer.

Have a good day Everyone xx
  • Thank you juju :j
  • juju17
    juju17 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Oh you are most welcome....I am guessing you are now a master of self scanning apgs :)
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Got my sun life amazon voucher today, means I can now buy what I was saving up for :D And it won't have cost me more than £4 in real money :D

Happy anniversary Louise, though I find it hard to believe that amount of time has gone :eek:
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • juju17
    juju17 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I got my sunlife M&S giftcard today...thanks, I think to VT?...so thank you!
    DH's hasnt arrived yet....will see if it comes tomorrow, or I shall have to chase that up... £150 (minus 2 x £4)...of free goodies..happy days!
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    izzeyb wrote: »
    Morning marmite to you and your lovely doggy :D

Haven't seen nanny :( but see savvybuyer was lurking ... morning savvy :wave:

Do you always put the tea in your coffee perculator ? :) Edit specsavers for me, just re-read your post :D:D

You caught me during the two seconds that I was here in the last week:rotfl:. I will go now - don't want to ruin one of the biggest glitches of all that, typically, is here whenever I am not. Just been doing other things for the past week (typically:rotfl:).

EDIT: Good [Strike]morning[/Strike] afternoon btw.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure