Postal weighing scales

Options
Can anyone recommend an accurate reasonably cheap postal weighing scale?

The biggest boxes I need to weigh are 12 inch square and approx 30 inch high, weighing between 3 and 4 kilogram.

I need to use it for much smaller and lighter items too.

I have been balancing the boxes on top of kitchen scales (no mean feat!) up to now but it's not ideal.

Comments

• worbikeman
    worbikeman Posts: 2,971 Forumite
    Options
    Yes and while we are on the subject I need an accurate to 1g scale that doesnt auto-off in the middle of me using it so I have to keep booting it up every time I turn round to weigh my shipping.
    Which is often.
    I can afford batteries:)
  • Kernow666
    Kernow666 Posts: 3,480 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    plenty of them on ebay for under a fiver delivered , i have had one for last couple years , goes upto 15kg with a digital display cost me £4.99 delivered
    "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
  • WLM21
    WLM21 Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    moonpenny wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend an accurate reasonably cheap postal weighing scale?

The biggest boxes I need to weigh are 12 inch square and approx 30 inch high, weighing between 3 and 4 kilogram.

I need to use it for much smaller and lighter items too.

I have been balancing the boxes on top of kitchen scales (no mean feat!) up to now but it's not ideal.

I bought these a couple of weeks ago, £2.79 delivered. Digital too, which i prefer over the spring balance type

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/0-01Gx40KG-DIGITAL-HANGING-FISHING-SCALES-LUGGAGE-BALANCE-WEIGHING-SUITCASE-/351132902781?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item51c126e57d
    moonpenny wrote: »

I have been balancing the boxes on top of kitchen scales

Just put the corner of the parcel on the scales, then before it falls over (assuming you have balanced it OK) you can read the scale
  • kalsha
    kalsha Posts: 1,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    WLM21 wrote: »
    I bought these a couple of weeks ago, £2.79 delivered. Digital too, which i prefer over the spring balance type

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/0-01Gx40KG-DIGITAL-HANGING-FISHING-SCALES-LUGGAGE-BALANCE-WEIGHING-SUITCASE-/351132902781?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item51c126e57d

Just curious- they call these luggage scales, but how would you hook a whole suitcase on that small hook?? I bought luggage scale from Lidl (think it was about £6) and there is a strap to hook up suitcases.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I gave up with the cheap digital ones about 2 years ago , I found some of them were not quite accurate enough for some of my items that were really borderline on the 100g.

I bought a set of proper scales from Costco that plug into the mains so no battery issues. Still small enough to sit on my desk but better really for the volume of sales I have. I can't post a photo as I'm on holiday, in a taverna on a Greek Isle just finishing my breakfast - paid for by a good 2015 on eBay so far. However, someone else has the same set as they have posted a photo previously on a very similar thread..so if you can find that thread you'll see a pic. They were about £19 with VAT.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Blimey Soolin - enjoy your holiday! No one will begrudge you a few days off posting.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

They are the ones I have as well.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Brooker_Dave
    Brooker_Dave Posts: 5,196 Forumite
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    They are the ones I have as well.

Same as the Costco ones, good scales.

Some Costcos have bigger platform scales too, not that expensive either.
    "Love you Dave Brooker! x"

"i sent a letter headded sales of god act 1979"
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I wanted to kill 2 birds in 1, and get some bathroom scales that are more accurate.
    I currently use some Tanita scales to weigh parcels but they only weigh in 100g increments, and I keep having to try putting them on my kitchen scales to see if they are just over 2Kg.

I've tried both these, and they don't register anything under 2Kg!

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/1679595
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/8334259

Does anyone know of any bathroom scales in 50g increments that measures 50g and above?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport