Swagbucking into 2017

Comments

• culpepper wrote: »
    It might be flash is breaking on firefox which is what was happening to mine. You can change it in the settings but I cant remember what I did...Searching for 'flash plugin breaks in firefox' found the directions to do so.

I will give that a try - Thank you

Also do swagbucks not give credit for survey errors anymore? I did a survey for 20 minutes and the last page gave me an error message and got no credit. Put in a ticket with screenshots but they replied with:

"I do apologize for the error and the trouble you experienced while taking a survey. When you experience any errors while taking surveys, your answers will not be calculated in the survey results. When this occurs the survey company is unable to push the credits through. Please know, the surveys are not in our control as the surveys are not hosted on our servers. We would also like to let you know that the we are working on making the survey experience a better one"

I realised this has happened at least four times in the last month and got the same replied all four times with no credit!
  • Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    1min gold survey for 50sb on voting.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Lungboy wrote: »
    1min gold survey for 50sb on voting.

Still there @ 07:40
  • scoobyju1
    scoobyju1 Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    jumperabv3 wrote: »
    Discover --> Kiwi Wall --> Turespana | Mobile | CPL | UK --> 27 SB.

Quite an easy offer, use a smartphone, took me literally a few seconds and the 27 SB got credited instantly.

Just credited for me too. Thanks :T
  • profjmw
    profjmw Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I will give that a try - Thank you

Also do swagbucks not give credit for survey errors anymore? I did a survey for 20 minutes and the last page gave me an error message and got no credit. Put in a ticket with screenshots but they replied with:

"I do apologize for the error and the trouble you experienced while taking a survey. When you experience any errors while taking surveys, your answers will not be calculated in the survey results. When this occurs the survey company is unable to push the credits through. Please know, the surveys are not in our control as the surveys are not hosted on our servers. We would also like to let you know that the we are working on making the survey experience a better one"

I realised this has happened at least four times in the last month and got the same replied all four times with no credit!
    This is their auto-response so no human has seen your tickets. Reply to their emails if you want a human to deal with it, but be prepared to wait!
  • Lost2
    Lost2 Posts: 15,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I used to get PayPal as I'm the same wanting the cash for other things but I've started getting MasterCard on someone's advice here and then issuing myself an invoice from my PayPal account to another (unassociated) email address and using the MasterCard to pay it. You get £4.63 for each £5 MasterCard out of swagbucks and someone very kindly worked out that with the PayPal fee you are still getting more than if you​ bought PayPal from swagbucks directly.

Thanks for that trix can you only send yourself an invoice
    for £5 at a time
    Sealed Pot Number 018 🎄2009..£950.50 🎄2010..£256 🎄 2011..£526 🎄2012..£548.80 🎄2013...£758.88🎄2014...£510 🎄2015...£604.78 🎄2016...£704.50 🎄2017...£475 🎄2018...£1979.12 🎄2019...£408.88🎄2020...£1200.63...🎄2021…£588 🎄2022 £672… 🎄2023 £3,783.90 🎄2024…£
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 28 April 2017 at 1:06PM
    Lost2 wrote: »
    Thanks for that trix can you only send yourself an invoice
    for £5 at a time

(I think the charge is per card so redeeming for larger cards reduces the charge slightly)
    Jaffa_pig wrote: »
    Apologies if anyone has posted this before, but I have been working out the cheapest way to get cash for your swagbucks through PayPal. It's rather annoying that Amazon gift cards cost more SBs than PayPal ones, but I have found a way around it. I've been getting MasterCard gift cards, which are the same number of SBs as Amazon ones. Then I log into PayPal and send myself an invoice for the gift card amount, using a different email address to my PayPal account. I then pay that invoice using my gift card. You have to pay a fee of 3% +20p, but it still works out better value pence per Swagbuck than getting a PayPal gift card. A £25 gift card will give you £23.95 in your PayPal account and a £10 gift card £9.46. The bigger amount you claim at once makes it slightly cheaper, as you only pay the 20p once along with the 3%. I hope all that makes sense!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72169275&postcount=1488
  • Scarlett
    Scarlett Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Has anyone done the Coral offer? I'm tempted by the £20 free bet, just for a punt, but I don't really understand sports betting and odds etc and I have no idea what I would bet on. It just seems like a no-lose bet, with the 800 SB on top.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 2,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 April 2017 at 1:44PM
    With the current popularity of these betting offers, and the fact that they can often only be done once, I would just like to point out that in the past Swagbucks have often done limited time offers where they double the reward offered on certain discovery partners such as OfferToro. Obviously that makes quite a difference on large offers!

I've only been doing this since last July so maybe someone else knows whether those double-up offers are rare or not.
  • Scarlett
    Scarlett Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    thisone wrote: »
    With the current popularity of these betting offers, and the fact that they can often only be done once, I would just like to point out that in the past Swagbucks have often done limited time offers where they double the reward offered on certain discovery partners such as OfferToro. Obviously that makes quite a difference on large offers!

I've only been dong this since last July so maybe someone else knows whether those double-up offers are rare or not.

Ahh... good point. It would be nice to have another Ladbrokes-style 2040 SB...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure