Lose Weight 37

Welcome to our new thread :j :beer:
It's Summer time so it's time to shift the lbs and get the figure you've always wanted :j

Welcome to the place where we encourage you not to save £'s but to lose Lb's instead :D

So you wanna lose weight? Whether you want to lose a few pounds or several stone - you've come to the right place! :D Need a chat, a shoulder, encouragement and advice perhaps or even some downright silliness (even late at night or early in the morning)??

Pull up a chair and join in the chat, whatever plan you're following to lose weight, be it SW, WW, RC, or just plain old reducing what you eat and increasing the exercise, there'll be someone here that can help and advise, or offer moral support. The more you join in the chat more support you will get from the thread.

There are plenty of regulars here who follow all types of plan and will be willing and able to help you out or at least point you in the right direction.

During the course of the week, feel free to post your weekly loss, gain or no change, and see your results in a chart that's updated every Wednesday evening. To help me quickly spot the losses late at night, please post the loss as BOLD and Colourful as possible :) (Its helps those of us with bad eyes ;) )

The chart is currently maintained by me, so if you can post your result before 10pm on a Wednesday you will be included on the chart.

Also you can take part in the 5lb monthly challenge - This is a fun mini motivational monthly challenge, in which the goal of losing 2lb per week, is spread out to 5lb per month. To get started so get your name down quick and post your name and start the new list. You could be Slimmer of the Week, or Slimmer of the Month! :j:j

We also currently have a monthly team challenge so if you want to join one of the teams it's never too late. This month we've a Home v Away challenge. If you want to take part send me a pm with the team you want to join and your starting weight. Then post your loss (or gain) each Wednesday :j

Sometimes we also have a monthly exercise challenge this month we're climbing the equivalent of the Blackpool Tower twice a week. We try to make these challenges suitable for all levels of fitness to encourage as many people to take part.

A few abbreviations:
STS ~ Stay The Same (No change in weight)
SOTW ~ Slimmer Of The Week
SOTM ~ Slimmer Of The Month

We have plenty of recipes to help you in the recipes thread (link below) and there are links to useful websites below.
There are some friendly peoples 'Before and After' Pics on Lose Weight 19 and 20 :)

So come and join us, we're a friendly bunch! There are even one or two gentlemen hiding amongst us! You might even enjoy it :rotfl:

Comments

• Pearla*Merle
    Pearla*Merle Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Hello shiny new thread! :D

Thanks for all your hard work, Fred! :)

Planning a good walk today, best get my skates on if I'm going to get out there and make the most of the day :j
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks fredsnail.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • jess444_2
    jess444_2 Posts: 1,225 Forumite
    Thanks for the new thread Fred.

Sorry, I am being pretty rubbish at reporting my weight by Wed. Have STS this week.
  • Rolandtheroadie
    Rolandtheroadie Posts: 5,102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Cheers Fred, new thread just in time for me making a new start.

Sign me up for everything before I change my mind lol.
  • fredsnail
    fredsnail Posts: 2,068 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Welcome Roland - I've added you :)

Good luck and don't give up :)
  • durham_mim
    durham_mim Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Back from hols. Thanks for the new thread Fred.

Afraid to report a 4lb GAIN

Used the gym twice on holiday and also managed some swimming.

Back on track now with exercise and straight back on eating plan
    Weight loss 0/2st
    Inch loss = 0"

Slow & Steady 3
  • Syman
    Syman Posts: 2,616 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Can i join in.

DW has decided to go on a diet, so by default, i am now on a diet too.

Though i could afford to lose a few pounds.
    Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today!:mad:
    Cos if you do it today and like it...You can do it again tomorrow.. :p

Bookworm's Thread 2019 reading Challenge total :- 1/60
  • Rolandtheroadie
    Rolandtheroadie Posts: 5,102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Went to a Slimming World group tonight, just to get weighed in and get started.
    Actual group I'll be going to is a Tuesday, so it'll be a week before I post up any progress.
    Planning a bit of walking this week, and hopefully get to the gym as well.
  • wyatte
    wyatte Posts: 165 Forumite
    In additional ,keeping good habit is helpful for losing weight ,hold on !
    Every time and every where don't forget to be happy.:rotfl:
  • jess444_2
    jess444_2 Posts: 1,225 Forumite
    Another STS for me please Fred.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills