shpock so good for discounts

Bought a roof back OEM to my car for £25 (going on ebay for £80).

I got a halfords roof box for £40 the 420L model. They retail for £189. I would have paid up to half that as it was in pretty good condition. But seller sold it to me for peanuts.

I find that shpock tends to have a more of a "I don't want the hassle, just flog it cheap" crowd.

Gumtree tends to ask for a bit more. Shpock is a far less savvy market for sellers. They just want to list and sell things quickly

Comments

• Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    I might give it a crack today.
  • That reminds me that I downloaded the app ages ago and never used it haha. I'll see what I can find...
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,190 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Whilst I don't tend to buy or sell car stuff I do find SHpock a great site for finding all sorts of odd things going really cheaply. my son got some really decent branded car mats from there from someone who just couldn't be bothered to list on eBay- got them for just £1 , brand new and un unused
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Stoke
    So far I've not found anything particularly cheap, perhaps it's all about timing. The radio I recently bought on ebay for £50 delivered is £60 collection only on shpock.

I'll keep trying.
  • seatbeltnoob
    seatbeltnoob Posts: 1,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Stoke wrote: »
    So far I've not found anything particularly cheap, perhaps it's all about timing. The radio I recently bought on ebay for £50 delivered is £60 collection only on shpock.

I'll keep trying.

oh dont get me wrong, there will always be people overvalueing their items. On my search the roofbox I bought was listed at £120 by someone else.
  • Stoke
    oh dont get me wrong, there will always be people overvalueing their items. On my search the roofbox I bought was listed at £120 by someone else.
    Yeah but it's all about luck isn't it? I still think there's bargains to be had on eBay. Just look in the right place and find items that haven't been listed correctly and you can make a fortune!!
  • stator
    stator Posts: 7,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Stuff sold too cheap is usually stolen goods
    Changing the world, one sarcastic comment at a time.
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,685 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    stator wrote: »

A bit of common sense is required; someone selling a laptop for 10% of market price in a hurry without knowing much about it is probably stolen goods. Someone selling a roofbox that's been in the back of the garage for years and can tell you about it probably isn't.
  • Stoke
    stator wrote: »

Is the part below your post supposed to explain your post...?
  • stator
    stator Posts: 7,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Stoke wrote: »
    Is the part below your post supposed to explain your post...?
    No, nothing I say is ever tongue in cheek
    Changing the world, one sarcastic comment at a time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure