Mortgages for Self Employed

Hello
Me and my husband have started to look for a mortgage my husband is in full time permanent work but I am self employed and have 1 year and 3 months accounts. I have asked my accountant to do a projection for the next 6 months. The first 3 months for the my second year shows a 66% profit up on last years takings. We are in our 50s and was told that this will go against us. We have a good deposit. So i am asking if there is a good broker who can help us with this matter.

Comments

• ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    The projection is unlikely to have much of an impact. You are probably going to need a lender who will work off 1 years accounts.

Your age will not go against you as such, all it will mean is that the term will probably need to be less than a conventional mortgage which in turn can affect how much you can lend. I would normally tell people they can lend around 4.5x income, but with your ages you may find it is closer to 3.5-4x income.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure