Unread posts link not working

Comments

• sennypijama
    sennypijama Posts: 124 Forumite
    edited 5 November 2017 at 11:05AM
    Cornucopia wrote: »

You can still go to the unread end of a thread by clicking on the "Latest post" link in the middle of each row.

Clicking that takes me to the FINAL message. The functionality that has gone is going to the FIRST unread message.

It also seems that I can't change to the old forum. I change the option, but still see the new one.
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    It no longer works on the old (green) forum either :( I noticed it a while ago, it was so much better with it.

I never realised it worked in the new, the reason I stuck with the old was so I could keep this function, but it seems to have gone from there as well now :(

I really hope they can bring it back as it makes using the forum so much easier.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 5 November 2017 at 2:43PM
    It no longer works on the old (green) forum either :( I noticed it a while ago, it was so much better with it.

Works for me on the Green layout.

When you hover over the link button, you should see this address in the status bar of your browser (which is where the link will take you if you click it):
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=5480644

edit: actually, looking at it now, maybe it isn't working for me - is your issue that it always takes you to the last post, irrespective of your last read post?

That's not the same issue as with the new layout, where the page isn't even coded to provide this functionality.
  • Hi folks

Sorry for the delay in replying. We're not developing the old green forum now but if you feel it's an issue on the blue could you let us know, with screenshots exactly what used to work on the blue that is no longer working.

Thank you!
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi folks

Sorry for the delay in replying. We're not developing the old green forum now but if you feel it's an issue on the blue could you let us know, with screenshots exactly what used to work on the blue that is no longer working.

Thank you!

Hi Andrea

Please see post #9.

The green dots that should take you to the earliest unread post (for you personally) are not working. They just refresh the page.

SP
  • Hi Andrea

Please see post #9.

The green dots that should take you to the earliest unread post (for you personally) are not working. They just refresh the page.

SP

Thank you!

Could you tell us which browser and version you're using?

Is anyone else getting this too?

Join the MSE Forum
  • MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Thank you!

Could you tell us which browser and version you're using?

Is anyone else getting this too?

It is not working for me in Chrome 62, Edge 41 or Firefox 56. Others in the thread reported having the same problem on the new layout.

Does this mean it is working for you, Andrea?
  • It is not working for me either on the latest Chrome and Firefox on Windows 10.
    It is not working on any android browser either, Chrome, Samsung Internet, dolphin and boat browser.
    A pity as on Android the newer forum is so much better foe viewing.
  • Andrea, is there any update from the MSE team on getting this bug fixed? It makes the forum really hard to use without it.

Kind regards

SP
  • Hi sennypijama

I'm very sorry, I didn't manage to get this over to the techies the last time we spoke, I've just sent it now.

The tech team will prioritise it against other work and let me know if they can do it and, if so, when.

Until they get back to me the next best thing in the blue forum is to click the "unread posts" tab in your settings page which shows you threads that have been replied to since you last looked at them.

Also, in both the old green and "new" blue versions you can update your settings to receive email notifications when someone has replied on a thread you've posted on or subscribed to.

I'll get back to you when I hear back from the tech team.

I'm sorry again.

Andrea

Join the MSE Forum
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors