Starting over...

Comments

• ladymay
    ladymay Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    You're totally right DFD, the sooner I can get that debt off my shoulders the better!

I was so tired last night that I slept for 12 hours :eek: another three gigs today, along with 7.5 hours of driving to get to said gigs - another 12 hour sleep may be required tonight!
    2019 Aim: Save £10,000
    Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now
  • ladymay
    Enforced day off today :( woke up with a migraine and by the time I realised it was too late to take my medication and I couldn't keep anything down. I had a fun day of lying in a dark room trying not to move... I'm trying so hard to get money sorted, but my migraines are brought on by stress and I really can't take on any more work this year than what I have penned in.

Had my last gig with the band last night and the ferry to come home is booked - it's starting to feel like I'm really coming home!

I've had a terrible few days with the car, which might end up being a bit spendy - on Friday an idiot driving with full beams on a country lane smashed my wing mirror, on Saturday the car in front of me had to emergency stop to avoid running over someone who stumbled into the road and I ploughed into their tow bar (minor damage to my car, none to theirs), and yesterday the assistant at the garage filled up my car only to lose my fuel cap! I can cope with the smashed mirror for now but it'll need to be replaced soon enough, along with a new fuel cap :mad:

Anyway, now I'm awake and starting to feel much better. Plan for tomorrow in between work:

- try and reschedule the work I missed today
    - batch cook a nice veggie stew for the next couple days :)
    - invoices for next week
    - make shopping list for later in the week
  • ladymay
    Still awake. Because I was resting/sleeping most of the day with my migraine, I can't sleep and my sleep pattern is going to be all over the place for the next couple of days. Add in a touch of PMS and I'm pretty sure I'll be a monster by the middle of the week :D

I've had a spendy weekend with snacks and drinks on the road, and I think it's because I have issues with organisation and energy levels. I'm tired pretty much constantly atm, and when I get tired I struggle to do money saving stuff like cooking dinner from scratch. I got a tip from the wedding couple on Thursday so the overspends have been covered, but if I want to clear my debt, start setting up the business AND try to save some money in the next 10 weeks, I really need to knuckle down.

I'm doing as much as my energy levels will allow, but it doesn't seem to be enough...:(
  • ladymay
    Evening all!

So after a night of no sleep, I got through a volunteer shift, five hours of driving, a gig, and the batch of stew I made was amazing and now the whole flat smells of rosemary :j

With regards to my to-do list:

- try and reschedule the work I missed today I managed to reschedule one, the other cancelled but I got two more comforted today so that's my schedule for the rest of the year and I'm slightly up on where I was
    - batch cook a nice veggie stew for the next couple days And it was goooooood! I ate two bowls which isn't so MSE :rotfl:
    - invoices for next weekJob for tomorrow
    - make shopping list for later in the weekI've started, I'll finish it tomorrow and do the shop on Thursday or Friday

I'll make my to-do list in the morning, I'm going to bed with Once Upon A Time (current obsession :))

Night!
  • ladymay
    edited 1 November 2017 at 10:00AM
    Good morning,

Two gigs this afternoon, another 4.5 hours of driving :eek:

To do list today:

- invoice for next week
    - update finances
    - chase late payments
    - tidy up
    - boil eggs and make packed lunch
    - fill up car
    - get flu jab and buy prescription migraine meds (don't want to get caught out again!)
    - save information off website
    - make PAD
    - attempt some form of exercise :rotfl:

When I paid for the ferries I dipped into my buffer so I need to get that back up before I start ordering stuff for the new business :j:j:j logo, website, business cards, flyers, banners - I'm hoping I can get everything done for under €500 and I want to hit the ground running so I want it all ready to go by the end of November... fingers crossed!
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Don't push yourself too much when feeling ill/tired, just do what you can. We all have our down days but I think as long as you get right back on it when you're feeling better then you're definitely on the right track. Maybe long term you could give yourself a pot that you can dip in to for when you're feeling like you need to treat yourself, this way you won't feel guilty and you won't have to adjust your budgets.

Sounds like you have had a nightmare with your car but you sound like you're feeling much better and you are right back on it which is great. If you can keep focused then I have no doubt you will be able to save in the last 10 weeks.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • ladymay
    Thank DFD, I'm really lucky that my anxiety and migraines tends to only last a day at a time which make them pretty manageable :) and the treat pot is a lovely idea! If all my vouchers go through for my ferries I'll have spent half what I thought I would so that'll be extra on my CC, and I'll keep a bit back for Christmas fun and presents :beer:

The car's going in for a service on Monday so I'll be able to get a quote for the wing mirror and fuel cap - it'll probably mean dipping into my emergency buffer again but needs must...
  • I have migraines too. You need to pace yourself if you are anything like me as they knock you down when you are doing too much.

Be kind to yourself. The debt is going down so you are winning :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • ladymay
    edited 1 November 2017 at 11:48PM
    doingitanyway you're right, I just pushed myself way too hard last week.

My to do list took a big dent today:

- invoices for next week Done
    - update finances Done but I need to figure out my upcoming business costs
    - chase late payments Done - three invoices have been sorted, one didn't get back to me by end of business
    - tidy up Done
    - boil eggs and make packed lunch Done, but I didn't make it big enough so ended up buying a protein bar on the road
    - fill up car Done - €73.25 :eek::eek::eek:
    - get flu jab and buy prescription migraine meds (don't want to get caught out again!) I had to book it in advance so I'm booked in on Monday
    - save information off website Done, website has been taken offline
    - make PAD Done, only a quid but still...
    - attempt some form of exercise Oh, how she laughed!

I also got the shopping done with the aim of getting a couple of NSD's under my belt...

All in all, a productive day!
  • ladymay
    edited 2 November 2017 at 10:45AM
    Goooood morning,

Well, my days off have disappeared into meetings and rescheduled gigs. I did have six, I now have two :eek:

Now the shopping is done, I have more than enough frozen and cupboard goodies for the next 10 days or so. Hopefully that means I can just do top up shops of milk, bread, fruit and veg until I use my last money-off voucher for Mr T to buy the last of my smellies (which are all now 1/3 off until the end of the month :D).

All the immediate moving costs have been covered now :j

To do list for today:

- make a PAD Done, £7.53 on the CC
    - NSD
    - Tidy car
    - Work out (come on, I can do this!)
    - Look into survey sites
    - Put together schedule for carol singing for musical society
    - Sort set lists for next couple of weeks
    - Make packed lunch
    - Read a few DFW diaries for inspiration :D