The Completely Crazy 2013 Clothes Challenge

Comments

• cosmomo
    cosmomo Posts: 240
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 31 December 2012 at 3:13PM
    Hi
    Count me in too please. I have a large debt and a fairly full wardrobe. I'm going to follow G4theD's lead and try some upcycling, but will set my limit at £100 for the year. I need to start with a jolly good sort out and sell some stuff on ebay, but I guess that will wait until the children are back at school.
  • Just counted up all my items of clothing, can't get to my suitcase containing summer stuff easily but I will do in the next week or so. Will set my target at £240 which is £20 per month but will do my best to not spend this and will save it up instead and add it to my "save £4K in 2013 challenge" money. If I can just stay out of the shops I won't be tempted. Good luck everyone!
    Sober October = 0 alcohol free days
    Weight lost so far = 0lb
    No spend days so far = 0
  • Sorry CK forgot you want us to post our targets big and bold so here it is:

Mookiepook - £240 please
    Sober October = 0 alcohol free days
    Weight lost so far = 0lb
    No spend days so far = 0
  • elly68
    elly68 Posts: 2,516
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    i'm joining have a real issue with asda sale stuff always think it will be a good buy dont try doesnt fit lies in a bag then ends up in the bin.so 2013 no more clothes .i have a wedding november aiming to be a lot slimmer and fitter so only if my clothes start falling off my bum am i allowed same with kids growing .so budget for 4 £400 .should be interesting
    So did well on the cc front mortgage bashing next .car finishes in 3 payments .This year gonna swim in lochs and under a waterfallKeep painting try and make it my semi retired career
  • km1977
    km1977 Posts: 29 Forumite
    ONG OMG OMG I did a print out at work to day what I have brought from 30-12-11 to today I have spend nearly £500 that is with my discount eekkk I spend much more at other shops too I reckon getting on to nearly £1000-£1500 oops bad bad me soo I am going to give my self a £300 budget!
  • lotti379
    lotti379 Posts: 787 Forumite
    Oh my goodness, the thread is running away without me! Please accept my apologies, I have been lacking internet for a few days... At least that meant no online shopping!!!

My downfall is sales, and charity shops, and ebay... Buying things I don't really need for for the sake of a "bargain"...

Not good.

So my target is £300, not including a new pair of running trainers as my feet are,pronating badly now!

(Still on phone internet, will format when back on proper lappy!!)
    “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.”

NSD Challenge: August 2017 2/15
  • Mags30
    Mags30 Posts: 1,792 Forumite
    km1977 wrote: »
    Right I NEED to join I am the assistant manager of a charity shop and spend way to much on clothes, shoes and bags lol I never go anywhere to wear any of it :-/ I hardly ever buy new stuff so buying for a good cause from charity is my argument hehe but I HAVE TO STOP I am on a diet too have just lost 2 stone have put some on over christmas but am back on track from wednesday and will not buy anything till have gone down to a size 14 then I will learn to limit my self not sure how much I will give myself yet need to think about it a bit more!!!

How about setting a limit for the number of items per month you allow yourself to bring home from the charity shop? Because £200-300 would probably fill a truck with clothes at charity shop prices!! Clothes create clutter and we need to keep an eye on that as well as money.
    Total debt 11/1/2011 €5350.65
    Total debt 12/12/12 €3222.31
    CrazyClothesChallenge 2013 #006 €34.08/€500
  • VickyV
    VickyV Posts: 247
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi,

I REALLY need this challenge! I guessed at about £500 before totting up what i actually spent. Not even close. I've spent more than that on handbags! :o I think I'm actually around the £2000 mark including:

£320 on 4 Karen mi11en dresses (2 of them I've worn to death though)
    £575 on 5 handbags :eek: - including £270 for a vivienne westw00d one, just cos I wanted to own one (I do use it)
    £375 on shoes (mostly KG/Carve1la/New L00k(cheap and pretty))
    £150 on 5 Bras (I have a very large bust so cheap isn't really an option :()
    and then around £400 on cheaper bits and pieces like jumpers, going out tops and dresses and jeans.

Most of what I buy, at least the 'high-end' stuff, is reduced but I know that I've bought brand name things because they were heavily discounted, not because I needed or even really wanted them. I'm really bad for buying stunning 'going out' dresses - I rarely go out and if I do it's usually in jeans and a top - so although I love them and they look good, I don't need them. I won't get rid of them (I don't think), while they fit, but I promise not to buy any more unless I actually get round to losing the 4 stone I need to shift! :D

So rambling confession over, probably, I'll join you lovely lot with a budget of £300 for the year and No handbags or dressy dresses! :rotfl:

Good luck all!
    Vicky
    xx
    Grocery challenge:December 2022 £151.96/£400 . Advent decluttering challenge 47/240.
  • Hi everyone, loads of thanks to citizenkitty and lotti for taking over the challenge from the lovely LulaHula

I did the challenge last year and set myself a very harsh budget of £100, I went over but still managed to spend less than £200 over the whole year which I was pleased with. I still have a bulging wardrobe and drawers so still don't need to buy anything really although I am becoming less and less fashionable all the time :rotfl:

I'll set my target at £200 for 2013 please as I do need to replace underwear and basic vests and t-shirts since I didn't buy any last year.

I won't count running/exercise stuff in my total since I'll only buy what I really need and don't want any more excuses not to go out running (when the weather is better obviously, I'm not going out when it's horizontal rain, I'm not that mental!)

Good luck to everyone and happy new year! :beer:
    No more buying unnecessary toiletries 2018
    35 UU / 13 unnecessary ins
  • I'd like to join this challenge. Can I set the budget at $500 for the year?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure