WOOO HOOOO!!!! People Power!

Options
:jI just got a letter from my Amex account saying that due to consumer pressure they are dropping their "default and other charges" from £25 to £8!!!:money:

:beer:I think all the MSEs who are claiming their bank and cc charges should have a celebratory drink! - seems you can beat the big boys if you all work together!:T
Official Debt Free Wannabe Nerd Club member 095! Debt Now:
M&S £5000 £2071.49 - 3.9% |Cahoot Loan £8646.96 £7453.24 - 5.8%| Barclays OD £2250.00 £991.99 - 0% Halifax Card £1620.60 - 0% Savings: £927.59
Grand Total = £22,540 £11,209.73 :eek:Total paid off since 31st May '06 = £11,330.27 :T Semi-DFD Dec'07?
Savings for temporary unemployment fund: £763.05 @ 8%, £164.54@ 4% Total savings: £927.59

£18k Challenge £18,934.21 £11,209.73 to go!
Proud to be dealing with my debt.

Comments

• M_Thomson
    M_Thomson Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Mirtos wrote:
    :jI just got a letter from my Amex account saying that due to consumer pressure they are dropping their "default and other charges" from £25 to £8!!!:money:

I doubt it used the words consumer pressure on the letter.
    Mirtos wrote:
    ::beer:I think all the MSEs who are claiming their bank and cc charges should have a celebratory drink! - seems you can beat the big boys if you all work together!:T

Glad you are celabrating, I look forward to increased APR's, worse balance transfer offers and higher fees, all for sticking within my terms and conditions. Thanks.
  • PoorDave
    PoorDave Posts: 952 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I look forward to the day when doom-mongers rule the world!
    Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery
  • mrcow
    mrcow Posts: 15,170 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    PoorDave wrote:

:rotfl::rotfl:

:eek:
    "One day I realised that when you are lying in your grave, it's no good saying, "I was too shy, too frightened."
    Because by then you've blown your chances. That's it."
  • PoorDave
    PoorDave Posts: 952 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Although they probably don't look forward to it ("It'll be terrible - all that pressure on us etc")

:silenced:
    Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery
  • ajbaker
    ajbaker Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    Glad you are celabrating, I look forward to increased APR's, worse balance transfer offers and higher fees, all for sticking within my terms and conditions. Thanks.

APRs, balance transfers and avoiding fees are all apart of the same legitimate game as retrieving illegitimate fees.

The banks are ONLY trying to please share holders; if you want to blame someone for your lack of incentives, blame the shareholders.
  • gazza975526570
    gazza975526570 Posts: 3,275 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    well i think ill keep the champagne on ice.

as someone who has always kept within my credit limit and paid on time i must say im overjoyed at the forthcoming charges that will no doubt appear for running an account.

Cheers.
  • Murtle
    Murtle Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why blame the shareholders, they invest money and expect a return on that investment. What a very strange attitude to things......
  • M_Thomson
    M_Thomson Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    PoorDave wrote:

Er, it isn't doom mongering. It is reality. APRS on credit cards for purchase rates are increasing, and no doubt fees on current accounts will be coming next. I really look forward to paying 30p for a direct debit like they do in America. Cheers everyone!
  • kevin.philips
    Options
    Er, it isn't doom mongering. It is reality. APRS on credit cards for purchase rates are increasing, and no doubt fees on current accounts will be coming next. I really look forward to paying 30p for a direct debit like they do in America. Cheers everyone!

You really can't please some people. I would guess you haven't bothered reading the articles on this subject...? Why should those in a less fortunate position that you be penalised illegally to fund the free operation of your accounts....? Seems to me that everyone is willing to jump on the bandwagon to find faults in those that are forcing an issue when it is for this revenue stream that people have been receiving the services from the bank for very little.
  • gazza975526570
    gazza975526570 Posts: 3,275 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You really can't please some people. I would guess you haven't bothered reading the articles on this subject...?

I would maybe guess that the people initially accepting the terms and conditions of the credit card application didnt read that the charges for mised payments are clearly explained!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure