Job Interview tomorrow...... help!

Options
the wage is negotiable.
obviously id like as much as i can get!
can anyone help me with the best way to word that and be confident rather than get embarassed and end up on the same wage i get now?
need some confidence juice! quick! lol
xx

Comments

• JesaRose
    JesaRose Posts: 4,457 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you meet every criteria on the job description and have experience remind them of this and just ask for what you want. If they want you then they can pay to get you. Generally wage negotiations happen when they offer the position though so just sell yourself and try to be confident. Best of luck
    Not been here in years! Hi everyone. Make £10 a day challenge = £78.45/155
  • tentickles666
    Options
    thank you. im getting a bit nervous its been almost 3 years since my last job interview and im pretty desperate to get out of this company now lol
  • destiny_star2006
    Options
    no info just good luck know the feeling too well xx
    We Make A Living By What We Get. We Make A LIFE By What We GIVE:money:

show me a man with both feet on the ground and i'll show you a man who cant get his pants off.
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    can anyone help me with the best way to word that and be confident rather than get embarassed and end up on the same wage i get now?

Tell them you are happy at your present job, but because of the structure it will be a long time before you can progress further as you have to wait for the person above you to die. Well don't put it exactly like that but say the person above you is very happy and has no plans to move on so you are trapped.

When it comes to negotiating your wage make it clear you would not be willing to change jobs unless it was step up for you, more money and better promotion prospects.

Just remember that they may have interviewed other people who could do the job just as well as you and they are willing to work for less than you ask for.

Pick a figure you would be happy with then add a couple of grand and ask for that.

They will want to know what you are expecting as a wage before telling you what they want to pay you, so watch their reaction. If it doesn't look good add that you would be willing to negotiate as the company does seem to have better prospects than the one you work for at present.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure