Peer-to-peer lending sites: MSE guide discussion

Options

Comments

• takesyourchances
    Options
    The court date is tomorrow with the FCA and the Collateral situation, fingers crossed for a positive outcome and hopefully some direction for returning some of our long awaited funds.
  • fun4everyone
    fun4everyone Posts: 2,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 26 April 2018 at 9:49PM
    Options
    The court date is tomorrow with the FCA and the Collateral situation, fingers crossed for a positive outcome and hopefully some direction for returning some of our long awaited funds.

I agree - although at this point I am not even sure which outcome would be the most positive for us investors.

I will just hope for it to be resolved quickly and not be dragged out.

There is some speculation the FCA's desire to see RR ousted and their own lot installed is due to their shortcomings with collateral and fears these may be made public.
  • takesyourchances
    Options
    I agree - although at this point I am not even sure which outcome would be the most positive for us investors.

I will just hope for it to be resolved quickly and not be dragged out.

There is some speculation the FCA's desire to see RR ousted and their own lot installed is due to their shortcomings with collateral and fears these made be made public.

I know, I really don't know which outcome will be the best either. Hopefully the ruling whatever way it goes starts the process of getting the investors payments returned, I think we have all waited long enough with not as much as a penny returned to date.

You just would not know regarding the FCA's desire to see RR ousted out, the whole set up and how Collateral was trading is very murky. I just hope it is not one of these cases that drags on while it is the likes of us who are waiting and waiting on something back.
  • keepingitfrank
    Options
    The court case is (or was) today, as the FCA makes an application to the High Court in Manchester to appoint new administrators in respect of Collateral (UK) Ltd (Collateral UK), Collateral Sales Ltd and Collateral Security Trustee Ltd (together, the "Collateral Companies")

There is some information coming in from somebody that has attended court on the following forum -

p2pfrankdiscussion .freeforums . net
  • keyboardworrier
    Options
    The court case is (or was) today, as the FCA makes an application to the High Court in Manchester to appoint new administrators in respect of Collateral (UK) Ltd (Collateral UK), Collateral Sales Ltd and Collateral Security Trustee Ltd (together, the "Collateral Companies")

There is some information coming in from somebody that has attended court on the following forum -

p2pfrankdiscussion .freeforums . net
    Thanks, very interesting. Especially the latest post by Panther.
  • takesyourchances
    Options
    Thanks, very interesting. Especially the latest post by Panther.

Great information here, very eye opening will read better when home.

On another note Ablrates portfolio loan repaid today which was to be 5 years. I got 500 plus interested returned. I think I'll earmark that to my s&s ISA I want things more simple.
  • cactusroger
    Options
    Whoever Panther is he has done us proud today. I will be very interested to know where nearly £400K has disappeared to since the platform was closed. Hopefully the borrowers had all my money safely (?) in their bricks and cement. No doubt Mr Currie and his brother will explain.
  • Well done Panther and thanks for (almost) live update:

p2pfrankdiscussion.freeforums.net/thread/67/court-hearing-27th-april-2018?page=1
  • takesyourchances
    takesyourchances Posts: 828 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 27 April 2018 at 5:26PM
    Options
    Whoever Panther is he has done us proud today. I will be very interested to know where nearly £400K has disappeared to since the platform was closed. Hopefully the borrowers had all my money safely (?) in their bricks and cement. No doubt Mr Currie and his brother will explain.

Complete credit to whoever Panther is, he certainly done us all proud with such information from the court.

Sounds like we will all get our eyes opened here with what went on with Collateral. Scary to think this platform had so much good support at one point.
  • AnnJ
    AnnJ Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this, if not can some please redirect me?

In November 2015 I invested in Wellesley 3 Year Capital @ 5.1% interest and got the free iPad, and today had an email to say that the investment has fallen in value and would require an extra year on top of the 3 year investment to recover the loss, with no projected profit at all! Phoned a few times today but, each time was told nobody was available and my call would be returned by 4:30 PM, no callback received. Also, the entire history of the investments seems to have been altered / removed, with all the matching breakdowns over the period no longer listed on the account! They will only close an account before the maturity date at their own discretion. Has anyone got experience with Wellesley, please?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback