advice needed please

I've got myself into a bit of a bother over entering competitions.

Initially , I was entering via mobile, then I tried lastpass, and, roboform, but if I'm honest I've had problems with both.

I guess I started back to front, in that I started entering competitions on Firefox which saved my logins.

Now, even with roboform on my computer, and, with the last pass Firefox mobile addon, it's just not working properly for me.

I really don't want to have to start again, entering and copying logins from Firefox to Chrome etc. (For roboform and lastpass), but I just can't think of any other options.

I've tryed the both apps on my phone, and, the one app, had its own browser, and, would only open one tab at a time, which was very frustrating.
The lastpass add-on displays an icon to autofill, but even though I've checked autofill, it just takes me to the login page of last pass, and, still doesn't fill in forms.

Can anyone please suggest the best way forward?
it's currently taking me several hours to manually enter my details each time, even with keyboard shortcuts on my phone

Thanks

Comments

• sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    i don't use roboform or anything like that, just the native Chrome autofill.

You can import these details into Chrome from Firefox :

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95418?hl=en
  • wdywuk
    wdywuk Posts: 5,361 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    i use desktop and autofill does the trick with notepad having some info aswell and copy and paste over.

ipads / phones does take longer. Maybe focus on the comps you want to enter rather than as many as you can

twitter comps might be your best bet on large RT comps
  • comper__9
    comper__9 Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Thanks both, that's what I'm doing. I only enter around 50 per day, but it takes me forever haha
  • Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I'm wondering what you mean when you say these aren't working properly for you?

I use Lastpass. It's not always spot on, but mostly, it's fine. I sometimes save sites and 'entered information', but mostly, I autofill. I've set this up in "Preferences" under "Hotkeys". I use control+A to autofill with my default identity. I do this on a laptop. It might be different on a tablet or phone. I also make use of Chrome to autofill sometimes.

I used Roboform ages ago and that was OK too, but I prefer Lastpass.

Have you tried looking through all the options to see if you can fine tune it to suit you best? Also, if you could be more specific about what the probs are you are experiencing, it might help us to help you.

Blu X
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • You can sync Roboform across lots of devices or browsers, I've been using it for years & never had any problems with it.
    2023 wins - Rice Krispies, Avene Micellar Gel, Barbie Toy, £20 Apple Gift Card, KFC 6 piece bargain bucket, Chloe Nomade perfume, Barbie Toy (second one), Sanctuary Spa Sleep Balm, E45 Moisturising Lotion, Trolls Hamper, 12 Tonie Characters, Sure deodorant, Good Home Utensil holder, £5 Costa Gift Card, Neutrogena Micellar Jelly, Soap & Glory Mascara, Persil capsules,  
  • comper__9
    I've installed roboform on my computer - filled in a profile and checked all of the options - but it wouldn't work at all with Firefox, and, I actually tried three different versions/add-ons. It just wouldn't do anything, I ever messaged both the developers of lastpass and roboform, as one of these had the option to transfer logins from Firefox, but it wasn't working.

I installed chrome too, but, I guess the answer is I'll have to start again, and, manually login one by one until the logins are read from Chrome.
  • If you want to message me I'll happily try to talk you through how to get it working.
    2023 wins - Rice Krispies, Avene Micellar Gel, Barbie Toy, £20 Apple Gift Card, KFC 6 piece bargain bucket, Chloe Nomade perfume, Barbie Toy (second one), Sanctuary Spa Sleep Balm, E45 Moisturising Lotion, Trolls Hamper, 12 Tonie Characters, Sure deodorant, Good Home Utensil holder, £5 Costa Gift Card, Neutrogena Micellar Jelly, Soap & Glory Mascara, Persil capsules,  
  • comper__9
    Thanks that would be a great help. I've pm'd you:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure