Toto Energy reviews: add your feedback

Comments

• MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    Theta101 wrote: »
    Not impressed with MSE Cheap Energy Club.

"You currently have one switch in progress"

Oh no I don't!!!

Hi Theta (and others)

It generally takes suppliers around 3 months to confirm a switch to Cheap Energy Club, but frustratingly Toto Energy hasn't been doing this. We've been chasing it up to try and get it to provide the reporting we need, but as yet we've not had the details through.

If you're looking to switch away from Toto Energy and your account shows 'switch in progress' do let us know by emailing energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com. The team here will manually update your account.

Hope this helps.
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 December 2017 at 3:19PM
    MSE_Dan_L wrote: »
    Hi Theta (and others)
    If you're looking to switch away from Toto Energy and your account shows 'switch in progress' do let us know by emailing [EMAIL="energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com"]energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL]. The team here will manually update your account..

I have - repeatedly - Dan, the latest request email (Re: [E] Updating My Usage) being sent to CEC at 09:43 this morning to the exact address you give above.

Can you do the biz ?
  • MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    polymaff wrote: »
    I have - repeatedly - Dan, the latest request email (Re: [E] Updating My Usage) being sent to CEC at 09:43 this morning to the exact address you give above.

Can you do the biz ?

Hi Polymaff

Thanks, we've picked up your email, but we need a few bits of more info to track back to your account. If you could send these through we'll be able to refresh the account for you.
  • I'm switching to Breeze
  • Joined this company on a promise of a fixed contract ( or so I thought ) - recent notification of 30% uplift in prices - several texts asking if I have second thoughts on leaving - initiated joining with Bulb energy a week ago.

This morning received email which contains this " We’re sorry to hear about your decision to transfer away from us. Unfortunately, your cooling off period has ended and we can't cancel your account. " ????

Any ideas .. responded back to them confirming I want to leave ... should I just leave this or take it further ... phoning them is a joke ...
  • These jokers will be out of business and in the News in six months IMHO.
    See the CAB then a solicitor, ombudsman will take too long.

No support from MSE "Energy Club" I notice.

Scam artists. Ruining it for the honest small energy companies!
  • Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Just logged in to warn people about TOTO!

Seems like that horse has bolted.

Currently into my 2nd hour of being on hold trying to get through to their customer service (61 minutes now, and counting).

TOTO has been an absolute disaster for me - from the outset, when they badgered me with emails to give them meter reads, and yet their system would recognise my email address (which they'd use to email me) as that of one of their customers.

That got resolved, then out of my duel fuel, they failed to transfer our gas - only our electricity. That looks like it might cost me £150.

Now the 30% price hike, and the lack of any means of communicating with them - this looks like a proper company meltdown to me.
  • Jack_-_TOTO_energy
    Jack_-_TOTO_energy Posts: 18 Organisation Representative
    polymaff wrote: »
    Got the:

"The UK Government have launched controls on pre-payment prices. TOTO Energy are now increasing our prices in line with the agreed price cap. You matter to us - we don't take changing your prices lightly."

email from Toto this morning, Jack.

What the relevance of any of this babble is to a 30% price hike, you might care to explain.

Whatever, its goodbye and good riddance to Covent/Toto Energy

Hi Polymaff,

We're really sorry that you're unhappy with our new pre-payment tariffs.

As a small supplier, we do everything we can to minimise cost and pass the savings on to customers. But, wholesale energy costs have increased this winter, and unfortunately we have to keep up.

The UK government capped pre-pay prices at the beginning of November. With rising wholesale gas costs, we've held off for as long as possible before we increased our prices. As said in the e-mail, you do matter to us, and we don't take changing these prices lightly.

If you would like any further help or support please contact us on Livechat, our Facebook page, or call us on 03332107070.
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of TOTO. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • Jack_-_TOTO_energy
    Jack_-_TOTO_energy Posts: 18 Organisation Representative
    edited 14 December 2017 at 6:06PM
    Why the heck would

a) anyone sign up to a 12 month contract, where the price is variable?

b) how can a company get away with this?

Totally baffled.

Hello SpotlandRules,

We apologise for any confusion. Unfortunately, some of our welcome packs have mistakenly included a reference to a “price guarantee” for our variable tariffs. We’re very sorry, this was a misprint.

What are your options?

1. You can switch to another supplier. If you’re not happy to stay with TOTO, contact another supplier of your choice and they will take care of the switch. The transfer will take approximately 21 days.

2. You can switch to another one of our tariffs. You can change to our fixed price tariffs within 30 days of receiving our notification email. Contact us via email at dd@totoenergy.com.

We’d be sorry to see you go, but you are free to leave should you wish to do so. If you leave within the next 30 days, we’ll waive any exit fees and you can leave without paying a penalty.
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of TOTO. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure