Is PayPal consider one of the Direct Debit payment for Tesco bank 3%?

I have Paypal account, and withdraw the money from there almost every 2 week.
Is Paypal consider one of the Direct debit payment for Tesco Bank current account 3%?

Comments

• ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    From PayPal to Tesco's . No it wont
  • so is not consider as Direct Debit?
    How about M&S bank current account?
  • ceredigion
    Forumite
    Think you need to revisit the first sentence in the original post to actually ask the question you are looking for the answer too.
  • I have Paypal account, and withdraw the money from there almost every 2 week.
    Is Paypal consider one of the Direct debit payment for Tesco Bank current account 3%?

Your Tesco account has to actually pay out two DDRs per statement month. Money paid into your Tesco account by transferring it from somewhere else (e.g. PayPal) only counts towards your £750 monthly pay-in requirement.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Your Tesco account has to actually pay out two DDRs per statement month. Money paid into your Tesco account by transferring it from somewhere else (e.g. PayPal) only counts towards your £750 monthly pay-in requirement.

I believe it's 3 direct debits.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,643
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I have Paypal account, and withdraw the money from there almost every 2 week.

if your paypal account is linked to your tesco account and you instruct paypal to draw money FROM tesco TO paypal when paying for something with paypal, then yes it's a DD and will count towards the requirement to have three DDs.

But only if the money is being drawn BY paypal FROM tesco. Not the other way round. And not if you transfer money yourself from tesco to paypal.
  • I have Paypal account, and withdraw the money from there almost every 2 week.

Yes, you can use a direct debit to transfer money from Tesco or M&S to Paypal (using the Paypal app) and this will count as a direct debit to satisfy Tesco/M&S's requirements.
  • teddysmum wrote: »
    I believe it's 3 direct debits.

Well spotted, Miss Marple:)
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    ceredigion wrote: »
    Think you need to revisit the first sentence in the original post to actually ask the question you are looking for the answer too.
    Should the question be?...

If I pull funds from Tesco to PayPal by Direct Debit 3 times in a statement month (and credit Tesco with at least £750 in the same statement month) will I get the interest from Tesco?
  • ceredigion
    Forumite
    Well spotted, Miss Marple:)

What's the betting the OP misses the hole in Tesco's T&C's
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income