Balancing not just the budget

Comments

• RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks MT :) *pushes nosy moggie away from chocs and towards cat biscuits*

I've been popping in to read but haven't posted much. All is well here and fairly quiet too. I don't know where January disappeared to!

I got through January financially OK, everything is either already paid or budgeted for and I have set goals to remind me to save up for the yearly payments on house insurance and internet, so hopefully those will be painless next time. All my payments and refunds etc have come through so it's all square and up to date :)

I haven't managed to pay much off the Last Card due to paying out for an event this month, but I may get that back in which case I can halve it. I haven't been asked for my college fees yet so I emailed them yesterday! Also, it's looking like my trip away at Easter may have to be changed or postponed :( so although that would be annoying, it would leave more money free.

My next focus is prepping for an upcoming interview and then I shall have to really get stuck into college revision. I am fairly chillled about all that as it's going well at present.

I missed a few days of my Desire Map planner after going away with work and getting a little distracted, so I'm going to start that up again this month. In fact, I'm going to retreat to my duvet shortly to do that, listen to Danielle LaPorte's first FireStarter audio (because they're free starting today) and maybe read a little of Elizabeth Gilbert's 'Big Magic' which helpfully turned up on yesterdays' Kindle Deals for just £1.49. I had put off buying the paperback but for £1.49 and arriving just when I need a refresher - and I so nearly missed it, I didn't see the email til 10pm - I just grabbed it!

I'm due some time in lieu and I think I'll arrange to take an afternoon off this week, so I can keep things on track.

So all peaceful here for now :)

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • Things sound like they are all going well :) and you are so organised as usual xx
    Love to moggies
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • I too love how organised you sound Rosa. I hope the interview goes well for you.

Take care.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • Thanks lovely people :) :A

Today has felt rather spendy as I got my hair cut, stocked up on skincare goodies, had coffee with a friend, and bought some lovely healthy frozen meals (in place of takeaways - just had a curry and only had to do the rice with it). I had a wander round Debenhams and bought a bought a fab cardi, not cheap I suppose, but only 2/3 its original cost with the sale and my card rewards vouchers. I paid for it with the Debenhams card, logged this in YNAB and was a little confused when my clothes budget disappeared :eek:... because it turns out YNAB now logs credit account purchases against the budget straightaway as you categorise it. So no excuse to be saying the payment is a month away and it can be sorted then :rotfl:- YNAB makes me budget for it ASAP. I suppose this is a good thing :D.

The flat is a tip and I am refusing to tidy it til tomorrow, as the weather's carp and I am intending to have a lazy Sunday doing chores and studying. Off to do a face pack and then curl up with my duvet, purring cats and today's Fire Starter session. I am really enjoying the Fire Starter stuff, it's quite quick to do but thought provoking.

Rosa xx
  • bellevie
    bellevie Posts: 874 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Sounds like a perfect day :)

Good luck with your interview xx
    MFW
    Starting debt :£287,410 -11/2020

2022 Closing balance £271,402.45 

2023 closing balance £263140

Original end 11/2045 
    New end date :....... 

Overpayments to date £514.4 (1/24)

• Sounds like you really getting the hang of this goddessing lark :)

Good luck fingers and toes crossed for the interview xx
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • Thank you both :A

I am managing to keep myself and my wardrobe passably presentable... the flat is an entirely different matter :eek::rotfl:

Rosa xx
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Hello Rosa,

Your godessing definitely sounds on track, which is great. My house is also a tip so I'm with you on that shame! ;)

I hope you're having a great week. I need to get into the firestarter sessions. I've just not felt up to much to be able to give it my full concentration.

MTxx
  • Hi MT

I am behind on the firestarter sessions too, going to do catch up tonight and do two shortly. They aren't all as long as the first few though and I am just putting down the first thing that comes through my head for the worksheets, so you don't have to put a lot of time aside or think too deeply if you don't want to.

Rosa xx
  • I'm SO glad I have tomorrow off!

Flat is still an utter tip and YNAB is looking scary as I put both my college fees (last ones! yay!) and some mail order dresses on the CC. The dresses are going straight back as I don't like the material of one or the colour of the other so it will be sorted soon!

Rosa xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family