Economy Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• I find going direct to Ombudsman got me the best result previously and will do same again -thanks
  • penedawn
    penedawn Posts: 32 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I forgot to check this site as I signed up with Economy Energy and, yes, they are doing things that are not correct. I signed with them and heard nothing. They took two lots of money from me straight away and said it would be a credit until my first reading. I heard nothing. NO welcome pack and no information. They quoted £135 per month in comparison with my provider at the time but already they are chargin £160 a month and they will not pay the initial amount back and say that is a credit for winter. I said they could not do that and I would be better off with my previous provider, which I paid by month anyway. I said that it was my money, that they had taken it and are doing that to everyone and will be getting interest on our money. I gave her a reading and she had one that did not compare to what mine could have been as it was a lot lower. Wish I had gone to someone else. However they are all as bad as each other.
  • sylviaszeliga
    sylviaszeliga Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 24 August 2018 at 11:30AM
    and they have been substantially(£500,000 ?) fined by Ofgem for this abysmal service and told to clean up its act, but three years on they are no better....
    I have switched to Bulb -absolutely no problems, very easy to use,. accurate meter readings that are given by me are immediately shown on account.... and there is no problems with their maths!
  • Would not recommend, when I first switched they got the direct debit details wrong and trying to contact them to correct this was hard work.

They take 2 months direct debit in advance (it is in the small print apparently but not very clear) and then after 3 months with them, despite being in credit on the gas and electric accounts by £80 ish - they put up my direct debit by £10 a month.

Never been with such a bad provider. Now in the process of moving to another provider!
  • stevenpc
    stevenpc Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i have to agree with you Alex im in the process of changing providers have been waiting for the day to come so its goodbye to ee
  • Stop_Watch
    Stop_Watch Posts: 122 Forumite
    edited 6 September 2018 at 8:05PM
    Now these clowns have upped my cost by £200 a year after 2 months just got a email when will MSE remove these people. I have given 3 meter readings and no feed back it is shocking! I have no idea if I am in credit or debit. And I can't switch because it says switch in progress.
  • stevenpc
    stevenpc Posts: 139 Forumite
    it takes them 2 weeks to update readings you enter and takes weeks for them to respond to messages ive given my readings today to them and to my new suplier im in credit with them according to latest statements and if they delay giving refund when my switch is comleted ill be looking for compenstion.
  • wrinx
    wrinx Posts: 30 Forumite
    Stop_Watch wrote: »
    Now these clowns have upped my cost by £200 a year after 2 months just got a email when will MSE remove these people. I have given 3 meter readings and no feed back it is shocking! I have no idea if I am in credit or debit. And I can't switch because it says switch in progress.

EXACTLY the same experience but even more of an increase.

We swapped to this lot just a few months ago. They were 30% less than my existing supplier at the time (Scottish Power) and the switch went well although it took a little longer than expected.

They took a double amount to begin with which I don't recall ever happening with previous suppliers but assumed I would get it back at the end or it'll be used to pay for the last bill if I ever switch.

This evening I've received an email saying the wholesale price of fuel has increased so my contract price will increase...ok I thought, a percent or three isn't going to be too bad.

Then I looked at the figures..50% more!!!! My bill is now about what I was paying a few months ago.

What is going on???

...and no, I didn't come here first to read reviews before switching :(

Currently looking at other suppliers...appalled at this company.

wrinx
  • avqs43
    avqs43 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Yup. I have had exactly the same experience as "wrinx" below. They tried to increase my gas DD by 25% after 2 months when I was £80 in credit. I complained and they said that they would keep it as it is. This month there was no DD taken! Today I received an email, as others have, in which it says that wholesale prices have increased. The daily standing charges have risen from £45.99 pa each to £68.99 for electric and ££102.93 for gas. What has the standing charge got to do with increased wholesale prices? So my standing charges have risen by almost £80 a year and the electricity and gas prices are going up by 19.6% and 53% respectively. So much for start-up companies. However, I shall have to compare whether changing companies would, in fact, be any cheaper!
  • wrinx
    wrinx Posts: 30 Forumite
    A quick search at "energy compare citizens advice" suggests I can drop my "new price" by around 30% again but I'll need to research the companies this time!

wrinx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport