Is GiffGaff refurbished phone, credit?

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Cool. The only thing that would benefit myself is a chargeback.

So getting free cash back every time you buy on a credit card isn't a benefit and you never buy anything worth £100 or more so wouldn't benefit from Section 75?

£60 cash back is free money you've not had to earn. No idea what your income is but I doubt its that high that a free £60 wouldn't be unwanted.
  • Tarambor wrote: »
    So getting free cash back every time you buy on a credit card isn't a benefit and you never buy anything worth £100 or more so wouldn't benefit from Section 75?

£60 cash back is free money you've not had to earn. No idea what your income is but I doubt its that high that a free £60 wouldn't be unwanted.

£60 is £60, and no I actually couldn’t care at I gained an extra £1.15 per week.

The issue is that I don’t spend a lot of money, I average about £100 per week after rent because I do a lot of free stuff and I don’t have expensive tastes.... I don’t have children, I just don’t buy stuff.... plus my £10k I wouldn’t be able to put on the C/C. So as you can see I’m finding little use for a credit card.
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    . So as you can see I'm finding little use for a credit card.

I'm confused so you don't want to build a credit record then?
  • Your other threads look like you were going to purchase a car, so one way of doing it would be to use a credit card for your fuel? Then pay in full after each statement. That's then not going out of your way to spend any more money, it's just spending it differently to build up some credit history.

:)
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • I'm confused so you don't want to build a credit record then?

I would love to get a mortgage but I don’t want to be at the mercy of the banks and them forcing me to get a credit card. I’m sure you can comprehend it from my side.
  • glentoran99
    I would love to get a mortgage but I don!!!8217;t want to be at the mercy of the banks and them forcing me to get a credit card. I!!!8217;m sure you can comprehend it from my side.

Would you lend you money with no job and no credit history?
  • beckysheffield
    beckysheffield Posts: 328 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 June 2018 at 6:41PM
    Would you lend you money with no job and no credit history?

The no job is short term and it!!!8217;s due to a change in location.

Would you lend money to someone who had a 25% mortgage to put down, has rented and paid all her bills on time for 12 years, isn!!!8217;t in debt to someone and has got the deposit, plus savings.

Credit card means nothing in my case, I dont need banks to force me into getting something that will be used the same way as a debit card. People having a credit card isnt necessary and promotes people to over spend.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    It's a shame lenders don't agree with you.
  • glentoran99
    The no job is short term and it!!!8217;s due to a change in location.

Would you lend money to someone who had a 25% mortgage to put down, has rented and paid all her bills on time for 12 years, isn!!!8217;t in debt to someone and has got the deposit, plus savings.

Credit card means nothing in my case, I dont need banks to force me into getting something that will be used the same way as a debit card. People having a credit card isnt necessary and promotes people to over spend.

None of which is documented in an easy to access system for lenders to check your history. No-one is forcing you to get a credit card, but its the easiest and cheapest way to show you can manage credit and pay it back on time. Do it your way, you've been given the advice months ago that is the best advice but you know better
  • It's a shame lenders don't agree with you.

It’s a shame 1) you need a bank account to have a job 2) banks have been ripping is of for years 3) they are forcing me to get a credit card
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure