20/20 Vision (repaying a debt to my home and myself)

Comments

• JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    All the best for today's appointment DIA - I'm sure it will go well. Do update us :)

I love your change of mind about the coffee pot. Isn't it wonderful to use things that bring us joy? You've just reminded me, I have a lovely teapot tucked away in my cupboard that I rarely (read almost never) use. However, I'm going to get it out today and make myself some green tea.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hope all goes well today.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Excellent result.
    Be very proud :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Well done DIA , it will be worth it in the end.

Have an image of you poring your coffee from the pot.
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,875 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    i shouldn't feel pleased with myself for doing what everyone else can easily manage but I do.

I think you should be proud of yourself for doing something you find difficult - never mind what other people can do.

Well done you - big hugs and I hope you have settled down with a reward :)

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • Well done you :T:T

A giant leap for [STRIKE]man[/STRIKE]DIAkind:D

:beer:
    :j
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • What makes you think that what you struggled with is something everyone else manages? Could it be that everyone isn't as honest as you? Bit like debt when you feel that everyone else has things sorted and it's just you who can't balance the books. Give yourself credit for admitting an issue and tackling it head on
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,875 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    What makes you think that what you struggled with is something everyone else manages? Could it be that everyone isn't as honest as you? Bit like debt when you feel that everyone else has things sorted and it's just you who can't balance the books. Give yourself credit for admitting an issue and tackling it head on

:T:T:T Huge round of applause - so true

This came up in discussions with a friend the other day. It does nobody any favours when we all pretend to be perfect, it just makes it harder on us all when life gets in the way and we worry that such things don't seem to happen in other people's carefully curated lives. Much better to be honest and brave.

(and if you need a boost in this department, I highly recommend Brene Brown)

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Well done you! Glad you rode out the anxiety and made it theough the appointment. Nice to hear youre happy with the roofer, so fingers crossed for a good quote.

Anotger step towards your goal!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport