Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Comments

• Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MikeJO wrote: »
    Thanks but I'm not too savvy on SM, how would I go about it and on what platform?

I keep well away from it myself so not the best person to ask.

I'm sure you could soon find out what they are on by doing some searches online.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I think you can get hold of them on facebook but if you don't subscribe to facebook send them a letter before action and give them 14 days to pay then sue them if they don't
  • These were the precise timings of my Liverpool Malaga flight on 4/8/2018.
    Reason for delay was that pilots and crew had missed a slot on previous flight up from Jersey and a result were over their permitted hours when they got to Liverpool. A complete new cabin crew was found at Liverpool but the pilots had to be shipped over from Manchester. Do you think I have a claim? Doors opened just under 3 hours after advertised arrival time.

Wheels left ground at Liverpool
    20:13 (3 hours and 13 mins late)

Advertised landing time
    20:55

Wheels Down in Malaga
    23:41

On stand
    23:44

Into terminal
    23:50

Passport Control
    23:56

Bags
    00:17

Many thanks
    Virtuo7
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    Virtuo7 wrote: »
    These were the precise timings of my Liverpool Malaga flight on 4/8/2018.
    Reason for delay was that pilots and crew had missed a slot on previous flight up from Jersey and a result were over their permitted hours when they got to Liverpool. A complete new cabin crew was found at Liverpool but the pilots had to be shipped over from Manchester. Do you think I have a claim? Doors opened just under 3 hours after advertised arrival time.

Wheels left ground at Liverpool
    20:13 (3 hours and 13 mins late)

Advertised landing time
    20:55

Wheels Down in Malaga
    23:41

On stand
    23:44

Into terminal
    23:50

Passport Control
    23:56

Bags
    00:17

Many thanks
    Virtuo7

No, not if the first door was opened less that 3 hrs after your scheduled arrival time, sorry.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • sentosa
    sentosa Posts: 44 Forumite
    Looking for some advice for friends please.
    They were booked on EZY 554 ,Bfs to Ncl on 5th July.
    They received a text from Easyjet early that morning to say the flight was cancelled with no reason given, and told they could transfer to another flight or get a refund.
    It seems this was the only flight cancellation that day from Bfs, but I can't find a reason for the cancellation .
    As the next available flight was Saturday, they would have lost a chunk of their holiday, so they booked a Ferry and drove over.

Are they entitled to any recompense from Easyjet apart from a refund?
    Thanks.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Welcome, download Vauban's superb guide.
    Your friends are probably due compensation and also the additional costs of ferry/car travel.
    The latter maybe tricky to extract from easyJet if they took a refund....
    They potentially have to show a judge that easyJet did not give them all options available under regulation 261/2004. They don't.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • MikeJO
    MikeJO Posts: 374 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I think you can get hold of them on facebook but if you don't subscribe to facebook send them a letter before action and give them 14 days to pay then sue them if they don't

I spoke to someone via their online chat on their contact page and she said she'll fast-track it and I'll get an email within 48 hours. We'll see, not holding my breath.
    Procrastination is my middle name....well it would be if I could be ar**d to contact Deed Poll."
  • Archergirl
    Archergirl Posts: 1,767 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Our EJ flight was delayed and I want to see if I can claim but I can't put the booking number into the form, you just can't type into the box.

Should I just fill the rest of the form in or will they reject it if no booking number?
    EZY8998 07th Aug
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Put your flight details into bottonline and euclaim and see what they say about compensation.
  • Archergirl
    Archergirl Posts: 1,767 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Lol, one says yes, one says no.........
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills