Pressure sold insurance

Options
Back in 1999 or 2000 I bought a computer from PC World.

The salesman asked if I wanted insurance to which I declined. He then increased the pressure but I stood firm. I didn't want the insurance.

I eventually got to the till and, as I was waiting to pay, the salesman came over with the manager who persisted in trying to get me to take the insurance. It got to the point where it felt like I wasn't going to be allowed to leave until I had the insurance. Being young and naïve, and having travelled 80miles to get to the store, I agreed to the insurance.

This has bugged me ever since and carry the regret to this day. If it happened now I'd leave the goods at the till and walk out.

Is it possible to complain and reclaim what I paid for the insurance? I no longer have the receipt.

Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No. .
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,374 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is it possible to complain and reclaim what I paid for the insurance?

What evidence do you have to support your allegation? It was nearly 20 years ago. You have absolutely no credibility on a complaint about pressure sales from that long ago.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Stuart_Bennett
    Options
    Thanks guys,

I just hope they didn't waste their commission.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    This has bugged me ever since and carry the regret to this day.
    Life is too short to spend it regretting a purchase of insurance for decades.

Move on now..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport