Women and cats will do as they please! :)

Comments

• Have a look on the Old style board for meal ideas, also if you're on Facebook there's a page called 'Feed your family for about £20 a week" which has some great cheap recipes. Have you heard of A Girl Called Jack?
    http://agirlcalledjack.com/
    Another excellent source of cheap, healthy recipes.
    I can totally understand your feelings about getting a cat, I was absolutely desperate to get a kitten but luckily managed to find a flat with a landlord who was open to pets. I've got one cat now and when I get on to the property ladder would like to get a couple more.
    £1000 a month is a brilliant amount to be able to save, good luck :)
  • I love how you give your little one control of the entertainment budget, that is a wonderful idea.

You sound very committed. A year will fly by and then you can have as many cats as you want.
    Training Loan - £1300.00/£1,500 (13%), Halifax CC 300.00/£925.00 (31%), OS Weight loss 7.0lb/24lb (29%), Extra inc Nov £220, Dec £532.00, Jan Ex Inc target £200.00. Training hours 10/100 10%
    "Health is the greatest possession. Contentment the greatest treasure. Confidence the greatest friend. Non-being is the greatest joy". Lao Tse

• twiggy86
    twiggy86 Posts: 2,137 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Good luck Magician - in money saving and exams! After 5 years at uni I do not miss them!
    Starting again..
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Can you ask the existing landlord if he / she will review the no pet rule, to allow for a cat?

Good luck
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Have a look on the Old style board for meal ideas, also if you're on Facebook there's a page called 'Feed your family for about £20 a week" which has some great cheap recipes. Have you heard of A Girl Called Jack?

Another excellent source of cheap, healthy recipes.
    I can totally understand your feelings about getting a cat, I was absolutely desperate to get a kitten but luckily managed to find a flat with a landlord who was open to pets. I've got one cat now and when I get on to the property ladder would like to get a couple more.
    £1000 a month is a brilliant amount to be able to save, good luck :)

I will have a look at this tonight, thank you very much

And yes, I have heard about a girl called jack, sounds like she'll be calling her solicitor instead today :eek:
    But I'll have a look at her recipes

No pets allowed in our brand new apartment block so much so that we've been asked to report if we spot any and apparently someone got a dog and had to give him up straight away.
  • kazwookie wrote: »
    Can you ask the existing landlord if he / she will review the no pet rule, to allow for a cat?

Good luck

I don't mind too much in a sense that I'd rather my cat had more room and a utility room to do its business in so I'll wait. After all, things are so much better once you've worked hard for them and were patient :)
  • I'm subscribing. Must be hard being a single mum but good on you for going it alone and your positivity. You are an inspiration and when you do get a cat please share a pic as I love cats too! X
    I want to be a writer
  • Well well well... Day No1 and so much support already :) thanks a million everyone

Lulabelle, I will definitely post a pic, or 10 :)

NSD today, didn't keep track this month but I think I had about 6. There's one main thing that stops me from getting a lot more NSDs and is another reason I want my own place - my fridge is tiny. And I mean absolutely tiny, 2 little shelves and one for a freezer. It means I cannot batch cook and freeze, I can just about fit in a bag of frozen peas and a couple of chicken breasts in the 'freezer' and I cannot do a full weeks shop cause there's no room :o It's frustrating and the first thing I'll buy when I move is a massive fridge freezer :) And a big sofa cause this one again is tiny, me and DS just about fit in it and neither of us is remotely large :D Sigh...these are the things that spur me on.
  • twiggy86 wrote: »
    Good luck Magician - in money saving and exams! After 5 years at uni I do not miss them!

Tell me about it... Night before the results release is usually spent tossing and turning :)
  • AleMrsT
    AleMrsT Posts: 577 Forumite
    Good luck magician, it sounds like you are very determined, and its great how you are already involving your son in the household finances. Have subscribed to your diary. Good luck on the exam results. Mrs T.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure