Non Molestation order question

Comments

• I don't know the legal in and outs but I would refuse to go just in case you increment yourself. saying "the social worker said it was ok" is not a defense in law.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

The last thing you want to do is increment yourself!
  • kelpie35
    kelpie35 Posts: 1,781 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I would not attend the meeting.

Social workers are trained in all legal aspects of the law.

Have your children been approached about this meeting and are they happy to attend?

I would be very concerned if they are being forced to attend.

Some social workers think they know best and are not taking into consideration all parties concerned.

I would also contact the school and explain to the headteacher why you will not be present as it will show the school that you are a very responsible parent.

You sound as if you are doing a grand job bring up your family, keep going and good luck.
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    kelpie35 wrote: »

Social workers are trained in all legal aspects of the law.

think you missed out the very important word 'NOT' !
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • I wouldn't trust the (verbal) word of the social worker and I certainly wouldn't trust the ex-wife. What is it with women these days? Making up allegations out of revenge, it seems to be happening more and more. Something needs to be done about it, really.
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Can you access legal advice through a trade union?
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • Easiest thing to do would be simply to agree to a meeting on a date after the expiry of the order.

Social Worker has to respect your concerns here.
  • cr1mson
    cr1mson Posts: 886 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Setting aside the non molestation order I would be concerned about the children having to attend such a meeting. Surely it is going to put them in an awful position.
  • Mojisola wrote: »
    Are you in touch with websites like

Thank you for the links.
    Ive taken a look, very useful and Ive posted on the forum
    Thank you again
  • I wouldn't go, is there any reason why you can't be on speaker phone/skype if you need to be part of the conversation?
    phillw wrote: »
    Under the circumstances I would have thought the social worker meeting your ex and then have the social worker call you and put you on speaker when they needed to talk to you would be the safest option. Make a recording of the phone call and have a witness with you.
    CRANKY40 wrote: »
    Wouldn't go near....too much opportunity for ex to say you are face to face with her with nobody else present such as when entering and leaving the school. If the social worker wants this meeting get it in writing then ask the court if there is scope for a variation in the non mol order that would allow for a one off meeting as per the social worker's written request. Without prior approval you are asking for trouble.

Thank you all for the advice.
    Ill be taking it. Im going to contact the Social; workers manager today and tell her I wont be attending the meeting and why.
    Hopefully they will play ball and allow me to have my say over the phone.
  • IAmWales wrote: »
    The court cannot give legal advice. The most they could do is supply a copy of the order, which I expect the OP already has. Also a NMO is a civil matter, so unless breached, the police cannot advise.

OP please don't rely on strangers for advice, as well meaning as all posters are. If the social worker is not open to the suggestion of a conference call or similar, then you need to consult a solicitor. The cost of advice will be far less than the cost (financial and emotional) of fighting further action against you.
    Thank you
    If the social workers manager refuses to allow a conference call Ill get myself to a solicitor pronto.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure