Switching ISA from Santander to Ford

For the past 15years or so ive always just upgraded my Santander ISAs but with the rates so low and Ford offering double i thought was time to switch my Cash ISA from Santander to Ford's 2 year fixed ISA.

How reliable is Ford, i never knew they did this kind of investment until i did a search and it came up?
Also do i need to inform Santander about the switch or does Ford do all this?

Many thanks

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,938 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    gbu wrote: »
    How reliable is Ford, i never knew they did this kind of investment until i did a search and it came up?
    Not sure exactly what you mean by reliable in the context of locking money away for a couple of years, but deposits are protected by FSCS up to £85K.
    gbu wrote: »
    Also do i need to inform Santander about the switch or does Ford do all this?
    No need to inform Santander, you just follow Ford's ISA transfer process.
  • Have always found Ford Money very reliable. Brilliant customer service. If you need to ring them,
    you get to speak to someone straight away who actually listens to what you are asking and are very knowledgeable.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,964 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    And, unlike Santander, Ford's is a Flexible ISA - you can take money out and put it back in before the end of the tax year without losing its ISA status.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure