Gettong my personal belongings back

Options
LeahBarr
LeahBarr Posts: 12 Forumite
Hi all,

Bit of a long story but I wonder if anyone else has been in a similar situation..

I used to live with ex partner over a year ago, the relationship broke down and he refused to give me my things back.. things like my slow cooker, microwave, television etc.. me and my family practically bought everything for the house. (I wasn't named on the mortgage)

He took on debt what he couldn't afford, he wasn't paying the mortgage on the house, and abandoned the property with everything still in it, he hasn't been there for months. The police and council cannot trace his whereabouts which makes the situation even more difficult because nobody knows what is going on with the property.

I know that I cannot do anything on my own initiative as it would be breaking an entry and I assume the house will be getting watched as the neighbors told me that police and people with clipboards were constantly knocking at the house.

I have no ways or means of getting in touch with him.. I have tried a couple of his friends through facebook they told me they don't speak to him anymore, it's probably just a cover up for him. It's extremely frustrating but surely I have the right to get what is mine?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport