MUBI Go -- Free Cinema Ticket Every Week

I haven't seen this mentioned on this forum.

I use a movie streaming service called MUBI (it offers carefully chosen films, mainly independents, largely foreign; there are never more than 30, and they stay for a month: one is added each day, and the oldest drops off the list). Partly because of the small selection, it's always easier to find something to watch, than on Amazon Prime or Netflix!

What I didn't know when I signed up (for about £10 per month, or £80 per year paid in advance) is that I automatically get "MUBi Go": an app that offers a free cinema film (at select cinemas only) every week. The film might be obscure, or might be mainstream: this week, for example, the free movie is Tarantino's newest one (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood), which was only released a few days ago.

Sometimes I don't like the movie much, but I'm almost always always glad I went, as they are always interesting/unusual.

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I haven't seen this mentioned on this forum.

I use a movie streaming service called MUBI (it offers carefully chosen films, mainly independents, largely foreign; there are never more than 30, and they stay for a month: one is added each day, and the oldest drops off the list). Partly because of the small selection, it's always easier to find something to watch, than on Amazon Prime or Netflix!

What I didn't know when I signed up (for about £10 per month, or £80 per year paid in advance) is that I automatically get "MUBi Go": an app that offers a free cinema film (at select cinemas only) every week. The film might be obscure, or might be mainstream: this week, for example, the free movie is Tarantino's newest one (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood), which was only released a few days ago.

Sometimes I don't like the movie much, but I'm almost always always glad I went, as they are always interesting/unusual.

Its easy to find something to watch on Netflix and Amazon Prime.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    MUBI is great indeed. It depends on your preferences. I watch a lot of TV series nowadays so I stick with Netflix. A great bonus to have this free ticket though.
    ally.
  • jjhdee
    jjhdee Posts: 65
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Agreed on choosing what to watch easier with Mubi, but then again the service is aimed more at cinephiles. Don't think many people would prefer it over Netflix. Anyway, I didn't know about this, that's great! I've been trying to justify a Mubi subscription.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure