PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 9 August 2019

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    had a bit of rain but not enough really as its very humid and sticky I am hoping for some more to cool things down a bit,24c at the moment but feels a lot warmer. bought the 'holiday sweeties ' for us all I have a big screw topped jar which I fill with different sorts of sweets and we take it with us on holiday to dip in as and when wanted Wilko's are doing a pound off their pick 'n' mix which has helped fill the jar up with everyone different favourite We use them when we are playing cards on rainy days on holiday :)
    I took DGS Jack to work this morning and picked DGS Mikey up from his pals where he had been for a sleepover last night .Apparently his pals parents have a super dooper 4k TV the size of a small cinema screen and they were up half the night watching Blue Planet He is 'resting' on his bed at the moment as he looked rather tired :) but he did make me a nice cuppa before he went for a lie down.

DGS Ben just texted to say he had a good night's sleep in his new house and was sorting all his bits and books out today.He is off to Bratislava for a lads weekend next week I think it apparently involve beer drinking :) His three housemates are ice lads and very sensible so they won't come to much harm,apart from a headache or two.

Right time to walk the dogs before lunch, have a good one chus

JackieO xx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon folks.

A late post from me today. I had a lazy start as the rain woke me up several times last night. Then DM took a notion to clear out the stuff from the twelve shoe boxes in one cupboard :j:j There were embroidery silks from before WW2, buttons, huge amount of zips, card games and so on. It's all now in one of three bags - charity, tip or friend. This friend will be able to distribute all the sewing / knitting and haberdashery around various craft groups. Someone's going to get beautiful silks and tapestry wools. Inevitably the empty boxes remain. :rotfl:

The storm was quite violent this morning, now there's bright sunshine. I've opened a new book and will put my feet up for a while.

Thoughts to all those struggling with family or friends or just life.

Happy rest of Friday to all.
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Afternoon folks. Well DD's idea of it being less stressful going to Southampton by train didn't work out that way!! The train to Leeds this morning had an electrical fault and was cancelled! This meant they missed their connection for Leeds to Birmingham! So an hour to wait for the next and then that was running 15 minutes late, meaning they would then miss their next connection, Birmingham to Southampton!! They had booked seats and. of course, that meant nothing. They have just arrived at Southampton and, apart from the last lap, they have all stood squashed like sardines most of the way. They finally got seats at Oxford! So it's now those famous words - never again!!!!

Now on their way to their hotel for the night and I should think the first stop will be the bar after the nightmare journey! If the ferry over to the
    IOW is cancelled tomorrow morning because of bad weather it will be the final straw!

After regular text updates throughout the day I can at last relax - they are safely there!! She said the girls had taken it all in their stride bless them.

Have a nice evening folks xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure