Smoking in the kitchen

Comments

• AylesburyDuck
    AylesburyDuck Posts: 939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    What if it’s their minor child?

Clearly stated as adults in the original post.
    Fully paid up member of the ignore button club.
    If it walks like a Duck, quacks like a Duck, it's a Duck.
  • Takmon
    Takmon Posts: 1,738 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Marvel1 wrote: »
    Yes as opposed to the family members who don't contribute to the bills in the OP's house :T

The OP has never said that they have asked them to contribute to the bills. If they had asked them to contribute towards the bills and they have an income but have refused then yes that is unfair.

Some people on this forum must be a nightmare to visit and must get no friends or family coming to see them because they seem to think doing what they want in their own home (even if it harms others) is perfectly acceptable.
  • TomokoAdhami
    TomokoAdhami Posts: 154 Forumite
    I damn agree with you on "your house, your rules" but I think these adults care for you that's why they think you shouldn't smoke. Otherwise, none of us has any problem with your smoking.
  • onwards&upwards
    onwards&upwards Posts: 3,423 Forumite
    Clearly stated as adults in the original post.

I wasn’t responding to the OP.
  • tempus_fugit
    tempus_fugit Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    I tend to smoke outside except when its really really cold and then I smoke near an open window. Not ideal for them or me, but a compromise. I must admit I keep the lounge windows open unless there's icicles on the window frame because I want to keep the ill effects of my habit off others as much as I can. But yes, it is my house etc etc.

Not perfect but the best compromise I can do.
    That doesn't work as most of the smoke stays in the room anyway, even if the window is open.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,985 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    OP hasn't been back since their first post, which was their only post. Never mind smoke, I'm smelling troll.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Slinky wrote: »
    OP hasn't been back since their first post, which was their only post. Never mind smoke, I'm smelling troll.

Oh well, provided a great debate :)
  • db2016
    db2016 Posts: 343 Forumite
    i make at least 60 mins, thats probably the time people have wasted being triggered by the troll.

saw what it was in the first post, poster's only post. no need to comment. it wasnt genuine.

and tbf some have probably known this and posted just to have their 2p.
  • Skiddaw1
    Skiddaw1 Posts: 2,019 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Yep!! :)

I know one shouldn't feed trolls but sometimes it's irresistible to join in.
  • flanker6
    flanker6 Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Marvel1 wrote: »
    Yes you are right, your house your rules, they don't like it, they can move out.

I'd agree. Especially if you were a smoker when they moved into YOUR house.

(Saying this as a firm non-smoker that detests the smell of cigarettes.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure