Police ehicle Stops

Comments

• AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    No, as I said....its only the licence that the holder needs to personally submit. The rest can be submitted by someone on your behalf.

Which isn’t what you originally said.
    One of my siblings was stopped for speeding (albeit around 15 years ago) and was due to go away for work. I took all their documentation to the station, paid the FPN etc. So I don't think you specifically have to produce the documents, just as long as they're produced.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Which isn’t what you originally said.

All documentation = all documentation requested by the police.

I personally wouldn't class a licence as documentation, but rather identification.

But I'll note that when you first broached licences, that is exactly what I originally said about them.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • AndyMc.....
    Combo Breaker First Post

I personally wouldn't class a licence as documentation, but rather identification.

But I'll note that when you first broached licences, that is exactly what I originally said about them.

Well given you talk about a fixed penalty notice and the only document required to substantiate said notice is a driving licence, can you see the confusion you caused?

The first driving document to request on a fpn or hort1 is a driving licence.

I can!!!8217;t see how a paper licence is identification rather than a document.
  • unholyangel
    Well given you talk about a fixed penalty notice and the only document required to substantiate said notice is a driving licence, can you see the confusion you caused?

The first driving document to request on a fpn or hort1 is a driving licence.

I can!!!8217;t see how a paper licence is identification rather than a document.

I also said it was 15 years ago (as an acknowledgement that things may have changed since then).

As my one and only experience with it was on behalf of my sibling, I'm not professing to be an expert on the matter.

But paper licences are a thing of the past - its photocard only now.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • tenchy
    tenchy Posts: 486 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I also said it was 15 years ago (as an acknowledgement that things may have changed since then).

As my one and only experience with it was on behalf of my sibling, I'm not professing to be an expert on the matter.

No they aren't. I still have my (valid) paper licence; no photocard.
  • AndyMc.....
    Combo Breaker First Post

No, fifteen years ago producers were still the same and as you’ve already been told paper licences are still valid.

The correct answer was you made an error.
  • unholyangel
    edited 7 April 2018 at 9:04PM
    tenchy wrote: »
    No they aren't. I still have my (valid) paper licence; no photocard.

Can you apply for a licence now and get a paper part? No, because they are a thing of the past.

No, fifteen years ago producers were still the same and as you!!!8217;ve already been told paper licences are still valid.

The correct answer was you made an error.

As above. Perhaps a lesson not to assume you know what someone means better than they do themselves.

ETA and before you start putting words in my mouth again......VHS is a thing of the past, it does not mean that no one currently has one.
  • Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 April 2018 at 7:05AM

The courts, however, rely on the dictionary rather than what you think. A licence is very definitely documentation. And BTW its prime purpose is not identification, but evidence of entitlement.
  • AndyMc.....
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Can you apply for a licence now and get a paper part? No, because they are a thing of the past.

As above. Perhaps a lesson not to assume you know what someone means better than they do themselves.

ETA and before you start putting words in my mouth again......VHS is a thing of the past, it does not mean that no one currently has one.

Can you still drive until the age of 70 with a paper licence?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 8 April 2018 at 12:10AM
    Look up Crimebodge on YouTube.

Never get out of your car and go and sit the police car either.

Police are not your friend.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport