IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CP Plus Parking Charge

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Le_Kirk wrote: »
    That's a really good way to receive continued help here! Posters are trying to aid you by giving of their expertise and their time freely.

And Coupon-mad is the most knowledgable person on private parking matters anywhere in the country. It is she who wrote the NEWBIES FAQ sticky.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    MiiCK90 wrote: »
    Did you comment here thinking you were actually helping in any way? No need for your absolutely pointless comment.
    Out of your first 4 posts here 3 diss the volunteer helpers - including your first one!

Wonder why you keep coming back for help if you are so unhappy with what you see here!

(Though do notice you happy to accept the advice given)

Don't expect too much more after this last rudeness aimed at CM!
  • Le_Kirk wrote: »
    That's a really good way to receive continued help here! Posters are trying to aid you by giving of their expertise and their time freely.

Did his post help in any way shape or form? No. He just came to have a go which I do not appreciate. He has a lot more experience in this field whereas I do not and he is judging my ability to take everything in that I've read on here. No need for it.
  • Quentin wrote: »
    Out of your first 4 posts here 3 diss the volunteer helpers - including your first one!

Wonder why you keep coming back for help if you are so unhappy with what you see here!

(Though do notice you happy to accept the advice given)

Don't expect too much more after this last rudeness aimed at CM!

Another person here sticking their nose in and not actually helping in any way.

I never said anything apart from that I've read posts from new people in my position posting a genuine need for help and being greeted rudely by members on other posts I'd read - which I asked not to happen to me - and which is EXACTLY what happened to me.

I stated I read the newb thread but it is long and talks about all sorts of things that aren't exactly relevant to what I needed to do, all I needed was that cut/paste section but it was clouded by all sorts of responses etc - not having a go just asked can someone re-clarify it in simple terms. Pipe down.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    MiiCK90 wrote: »
    Pipe down.

OK. Will do. Good luck.
  • KeithP wrote: »
    OK. Will do. Good luck.

You haven't commented here yet and you've came to what - just troll? Jesus.

I literally asked for help and was greeted by people being rude and not helpful - what a brilliant forum.

I am thankful to the people who are actually helping someone who has absolutely no clue what he is doing and has ZERO experience in this field. IMO if people (coupon mad) has the best knowledge in the world then why not just say, aye mate no worries if you didn't understand my thread properly - atleast you read it which many before you haven't - all you need to do is XYZ pal. Would have been a lot better ayyyy?
    waamo wrote: »
    Haven't you sent it yet? Just cut and paste it and send it.

I was just worried that because they've already quoted this case to me in my initial fine letter that the appeal won't be accepted etc because they've already said basically: We've seen parking eye vs beavis but we still are fining you because we don't think that case applies here - so didn't want to send that general appeal text to be greeted by a rejection

Do you not see my point?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    You will get a rejection that's how you get a POPLA code. Please spend the weekend reading the Newbies thread. Yes it can be daunting but it really isn't that difficult.

Don't try to do it in one go you will give up but essentially it's cutting and pasting winning appeals.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Do you not see my point?

No we don't. These are so easy to win it's almost fun, but you seem keen to alienate us all.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    No we don't. These are so easy to win it's almost fun, but you seem keen to alienate us all.

Not the case at all, but if someone wants to come talk to me with attitude then I can give back too.
    waamo wrote: »
    You will get a rejection that's how you get a POPLA code. Please spend the weekend reading the Newbies thread. Yes it can be daunting but it really isn't that difficult.

Don't try to do it in one go you will give up but essentially it's cutting and pasting winning appeals.

Cool man, that's what happened the first time round - read so much and got so confused by everything I wanted to give up and pay.

I'll send what you said and comment back with their response.

Cheers
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Not the case at all, but if someone wants to come talk to me with attitude then I can give back too.
    Good for you! But if I had a problem that I needed advice on, and I found people willing to give me their time and expert advice for free then i would be humble and polite, even if my hypersensitive ego took offence at their tone.

I would do this to ensure I got the help I needed and to show respect to those giving me their time and knowledge.

Just a thought....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport