* Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * - It's the 2019 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• May I join you ladies? I haven’t read the whole thread though but love Christmas.

I’m a stay at home Mum to 2 toddlers (1 and 3) so looking forward to Christmas more than ever this year. I’ve started shopping already as I want to spread the cost as much as anything.

I’ve noticed matchmakers on offer in Tesco this week so have got a couple of boxes as stocking fillers.
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,010
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Dd uses the make revolution from superdrug she has loads of different products from the range.She really likes the foundation (which she doesn't even need)and it actually goes light enough for her skin tone. Its not the cheapest but they are always running offers on it 3 for 2 of free gift with total spend ect
    The MUA stuff is pretty good too esp for the price and its probably one of the best starter options.

I have a wedding to go to in a couple of weeks and have nothing to wear :eek: Its kinda fancy so totally out of my comfort zone :o finding something suitable that won't break the bank is top of my to do list this week

heard a rumor that boots are doing a xmas points event around the 16th not sure if its true but worth keeping an eye open
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,010
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    welcome heebie-jeebies
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • noodles86
    noodles86 Posts: 549
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thank you aimeemum, beshki and mandco for your help, think I'll buy a few bits and some reusable flannel cloths etc for taking off!

Oooh mandco I feel your pain, at least a lot of the shops may now have party wear, which can be quite fancy. I quite like a look at TK Maxx's offerings. I hate buying something unless I know I'll wear it more than once! I think Dorothy Perkins has 25% off everything today too?

Hi newbie-jeebies :)
    Spreading a little Christmas joy all year round :santa2:
  • Dorothy Perkins often have nice dresses.

I buy my dresses from Popsy Clothing who have some lovely designs too.

Thank you for the welcome - particularly like newbie-jeebies!
  • noodles86
    noodles86 Posts: 549
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hahaha so sorry heebie! The wonderful spellcheck, why does it think it knows better?

I used to love Popsy dresses, however, I found they were always too short on me to feel comfortable (I'm 5'7" so hardly above average) and because of this weren't appropriate for work so stopped following them on facebook etc.
    Spreading a little Christmas joy all year round :santa2:
  • Clumsy42
    Clumsy42 Posts: 166
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Noodles - the garden centre is Barton Grange near Preston. It's won many awards! Well worth a visit if you're not far from Lancashire.
    “In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important”
    - Eleventh Doctor
  • Christmas plans have changed for me this year, my parents have just moved home (down sizing) a lot of work needs doing and the kitchen is dangerously wired. So my gran has decided to do Christmas dinner at hers as long as we can help her. So I’m planning to bring desert with me and my veggie option.

As I don’t drink alcohol in Sainsbury’s they had bottlgreen new flavoured cordials and fizzy drinks, Raspberry and elderflower is one of the ones I’ve got. They are on offer at the moment at £1.50 a bottle.
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Dorothy Perkins often have nice dresses.

I buy my dresses from Popsy Clothing who have some lovely designs too.

Thank you for the welcome - particularly like newbie-jeebies!

Yayyyyyy! Popsy in the wild!
    (Apologies If you’re not on the Facebook group:D it means hello fellow Popsy lover :D)
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • Mrs_Ryan wrote: »
    Yayyyyyy! Popsy in the wild!
    (Apologies If you’re not on the Facebook group:D it means hello fellow Popsy lover :D)

Hehe I am in the group!:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport