switch from Sky to Vodafone

Hi everyone,

My current broadband & landline contract with Sky ends on 16 August. I called Sky today and they offered me fibre + landline for £25/month plus installation fees of £50, but I found a better offered with Vodafone so I told them I wanted to cancel effective 18 August.

I then signed up online via MSE for a new contract with Vodafone, for fibre and landline £20/month for 18 months - with an activation date from 17 August. In the process of signing up with Vodafone I was asked whether I wanted to keep my phone number, to which I said yes.

My question is, will Vodafone be able to keep my existing landline number? In the email received with the confirmation of the order it says they will contact my old provider to say I'm leaving and will arrange for line to be transferred, but I already told Sky I was leaving (I just hope me telling Sky I was leaving didn't cancel my number or something like that).

Thank you.

Comments

• mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Call Sky back and say you wish to withdraw your cancellation. Vodafone can only take over an active line.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure