Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2018

Options

Comments

• Hackers76
    Hackers76 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all, I will be over start of May and (assuming it still goes ahead) looking for recommendations on a bar to watch the Canelo vs Golovkin fight. Ideally downtown to keep the drink prices manageable as we will be there a few hours. TIA
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hackers76 wrote: »
    Afternoon all, I will be over start of May and (assuming it still goes ahead) looking for recommendations on a bar to watch the Canelo vs Golovkin fight. Ideally downtown to keep the drink prices manageable as we will be there a few hours. TIA

All the bars everywhere seem to be showing 24 hours round the clock sports - you should not find a problem watching it.
  • Hackers76
    Hackers76 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    All the bars everywhere seem to be showing 24 hours round the clock sports - you should not find a problem watching it.

Yup I know that but wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations where they enjoyed the atmosphere
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 3 April 2018 at 4:34PM
    Options
    There may be viewing parties somewhere, but I havent heard of any yet. Check at the property youre staying at to see if they are holding one.
  • nvh
    nvh Posts: 1,652 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Will be off to the Deep South in June / July.

If the Lyft people are still really active giving out vouchers on the strip, can you post the code here (if they are eligible in other US states, and valid up to August)

Particularly interested in the $5 off 10 rides that seemed to be active last year / year before
  • bobbyhibs
    bobbyhibs Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hi

has anyone been late aug-early sept to vegas?

been looking at mid to late aug-early sept for a weeks solo trip and found flights and hotel with ba for £1115 (using a cashback site) and staying at the mgm (would prefer here but would consider a close hotel to this) and am pretty tempted...are people finding deals- cheaper weeks? Last time i checked for mid aug was for £1600 for a solo trip :eek:
    any advice>
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    bobbyhibs wrote: »
    hi

has anyone been late aug-early sept to vegas?

been looking at mid to late aug-early sept for a weeks solo trip and found flights and hotel with ba for £1115 (using a cashback site) and staying at the mgm (would prefer here but would consider a close hotel to this) and am pretty tempted...are people finding deals- cheaper weeks? Last time i checked for mid aug was for £1600 for a solo trip :eek:
    any advice>

Can you do better by DIY
    I know flights can be expensive cause its school holidays but usually if you return just after schools go back ( around 5/.6th sep) its cheaper and if booking direct with hotels they are often cheaper in Aug/sep because it is tooooo hot for many. yes I have been a few times then and it is toooo hot

do you not have any offers via Mlife, or total rewards ( I find total rewards more generous)
  • stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    Bobby, what are your proffered dates and departure airport plus are you prepared to go ex EU as there can be savings to be made.

I have been at that time. Hotel deals are still to be had but you regularly have to check and make sure your reservation is cancellable.

One thing to not that it will be very hot at that time of year :eek:
  • Brats64
    Brats64 Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Does that price include the £200+ resort fee Bobby ?
  • stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    Bobby, throwing this one out to you 3 to 10 Sept Dub-Las staying at Mardi Gras Inn. Flight £379, Hotel approx. £300 (inc resort fees), then you need your positioning flight to Dub. A bargain eh ;) All that extra cash for your entertainment spends :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure