Wishing on an ickle star

Comments

• icklehelen
    icklehelen Posts: 355
    First Anniversary First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Glad to be at the end of a very hectic March!! I knew it was going to be painful but work took over and I've hardly been at home! Not to mention having an encounter with a truly horrid woman at work who actively sought me out to belittle me at our preview evening that I'd worked my socks off on!! :( :mad:

So now to catch up on spending time with DH and DD(and have a fab Easter), housework, paperwork and money shuffling, MSE forums . . . all the important things!

I'm actually sneaking this post in during a break from uploading items to sell on eb@y - a miserable job but I enjoy the feeling when I request the money from PP!!

I've not been able to OP any extra £££ this month due to there only being one (p/t) salary coming in at the moment but things are looking good with regards to this - hopefully in a few months time we'll be back on to MFWing properly! I can say that if it hadn't been for this forum things would be rather different but as I had an inkling about it all I started putting money to one side so haven't had to touch the OP pot or the emergency savings!!

Can I just say as a little aside how nice it feels to be following the same path as so many lovely people who inspire me and keep me motivated!

Happy Easter everyone!! :EasterBun

ickle
    Total OPs 2012 - 2019 £39744.75
    Target 2020 £18500/£18500
    01/05/2020 MORTGAGE FREE
    MFiT-T4 #03 MFW2019 #3
  • icklehelen
    Forumite
    Well DH and I have got quite a few bits onto eb@y today and already had questions, watchers and bids!!! :D

Planning on putting some more on tomorrow before going on the village Easter Egg Hunt with DHs brother and his family! Thinking DD is too young for most of the entertainment (face painting etc) so should get away with just the £1 entry to the hunt. :o

ickle
    01/05/2020 MORTGAGE FREE
    MFiT-T4 #03 MFW2019 #3
  • Well done on the ebay bids icklehelen
    sorry you have had a rough time at work - sounds horrible!! :(

Happy Easter and enjoy those well deserved easter eggs tomorrow!!
  • icklehelen
    Forumite
    Hi TYO thanks for posting!

Easter worked out very MSE indeed! Only ended up spending 50p at the egg hunt thanks to other family members paying before I got the chance! :o

DH and I went 'car shopping' today - test drove 8 different cars :cool: and ruled most of them out!! Being vertically challenged means finding a good driving position is a nightmare!! Did enjoy it though and am now getting used to the idea of a family car rather than my rather impractical supermini!

Ebay is looking good with a few bids already and there are quite a lot of watchers but I never pay much attention to them as I've never encountered a final seconds bidding war on what I'm selling (been involved in a few tho!!) Unfortunately my research into starting prices on some items meant I found a couple of bargains! All were needs and have come out of our 'baby' account - some new bamboo nappies for DD (sooo fluffy) as she's growing out of her size 1s and a huge bundle of clothes for her over the next 3 years!!

Got an extra day of work due to it being end of quarter and I am the only one who can do the magic with the final reports (what my colleagues call the evil spreadsheet :rotfl:)! It's an extra days pay and I can work from home so can't complain!!

ickle
    01/05/2020 MORTGAGE FREE
    MFiT-T4 #03 MFW2019 #3
  • fothers365
    fothers365 Posts: 269 Forumite
    That sounds like quite a nice extra day of work to have if it can be done from home!

I hope the ebay stuff sells ok. I must admit I often watch things but often never bid on them- I am watching a lot of bookcases at the moment for a space in our bedroom. I do bid sometimes though if it is something I really want, a lot of the time it is just out of interest until I see one we really need.

I do go through phases with ebay though and have a buying spree then cool off for a bit!

Have you looked on the used nappy auction site? I have got some from there in the past.

Happy car shopping! I love having a bigger car now, the bigger boot especially is fantastic. We moved up to a Zafira a couple of years ago and the boot is like a tardis- I think our whole house might fit into it:)
    Jan 2013-£140,231.65
    Jan 2014-£120,081.94
  • icklehelen
    Forumite
    Meal planning and weekly shop done done today. Had to go to Mr T as @ldi didn't have a joint of meat big enough (we're hosting BIL & family on Sunday). So £32 spent in @ldi which included lots of storecupboard items and cereal as everything seems to run out at once in the house!! Then spent £17 :eek: on what looks like half a pig! (planning to cut this into two and freeze half for the next time we host!!)

Another eb@y item has been bid on - think this money will be going into normal spends as the easy access savings are drying up after three months of no salary from DH :(
    Hoping not to have to dip into the tied up savings (the wtshtf fund) as we have taken another step closer to the dream today . . . will make a proper announcement when all is finalised!

Hi fothers - looks like you're off to a great start!!! Have looked at the nappy auction many times but never bought - I only buy what she really needs unlike a woman I was reading about (somewhere) who has over 800 nappies to choose from for her child!

peeing-baby.gif

ickle
    01/05/2020 MORTGAGE FREE
    MFiT-T4 #03 MFW2019 #3
  • icklehelen
    Forumite
    Had a productive morning so far trying to streamline our money pots!! We have between us approx 20 current and savings accounts, an ISA each and several credit cards!! Been trying to make the most of what we have stoozing the credit cards and swapping savings around for the best interest rates but it has meant I've built up an array of unused accounts.

However so far I have:
    • closed Coventry savings account as bonus year has ended
    • closed Post Office savings (thought this was empty but now have 66p to OP :D)
    • closed ING direct savings (sadly this did have a 0 balance)
    Haven't had to spend too much time waiting although am making use of the last few days of having free 0845/0870 calls before we change telephone and broadband provider on Monday!

Still to do
    • close M&S savings
    • cancel unused credit cards
    • transfer any £ 'found' to Santander 123
    • £1K bounce around all Lloyds and Halifax accounts
    • update spreadsheets :cool:
    • file paperwork

Quite a lot to do but I'm not complaining cos I'm sat in glorious sunshine :j Hello Vitamin D:wave:

ickle
    01/05/2020 MORTGAGE FREE
    MFiT-T4 #03 MFW2019 #3
  • fothers365
    fothers365 Posts: 269 Forumite
    Well done! It sounds like you have been very productive and organised.
    Jan 2013-£140,231.65
    Jan 2014-£120,081.94
  • icklehelen
    Forumite
    Quick update for today

Still to do
    • [STRIKE]close M&S savings[/STRIKE]
    • cancel unused credit cards (decided against this as one is for Mr T points and I believe I can get some cashback from the other when I next get the car fuelled - need to look into this!
    • [STRIKE]transfer any £ 'found' to Santander 123[/STRIKE]
    • £1K bounce around all [STRIKE]Lloyds[/STRIKE] and Halifax accounts
    • [STRIKE]update spreadsheets[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]file paperwork[/STRIKE]

I am shocked that I left it til the 5th to update my spreadsheets for the end of the month especially when it turns out that we are now in the 60k bracket :j So that's £10k off in just over a year!! Would love to be able to keep this up but I think I should be realistic and practical!! Still have an irresistible urge to play with the spreadsheets to work out how soon we could make it to the 50k bracket - it's all rock n roll for me these days!! :rotfl:

Think it's time to get DD to bed then it's gin o'clock!! :D

Happy Friday!!

ickle
    01/05/2020 MORTGAGE FREE
    MFiT-T4 #03 MFW2019 #3
  • TwinnyD
    TwinnyD Posts: 238
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Congrats on getting into the 60s :T